Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mug "Buckets"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azwendyg
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Those are very cute, and a good way to use up excess mugs. But all I can think of is, someone has entirely too much time on their hands if they are making mug buckets. I can't seem to find enough time to finish the quilts I have started.
    LOL! I get up EARLY and work on stuff like this before I have to leave for work (like 4 am) while I'm having my coffee. I save my quilt projects for when I'm a little more alert. Although I must admit, I've been working on FMQing a queen-sized quilt for a Christmas present a couple hours at time early in the mornings lately. :shock:
    I used to be able to do those things back when my kids were young. Now, being old, I can barely move when I get up, so sewing too early is not an option. My husband used to go to work at 4 AM back when the kids were very small, so I used to get up right after he left and start laundry and get my sewing organized so I could sew during naptime and after everyone went to bed.

Those are great. They would make nice gifts!!! Thanks for sharing.

dd
    I'm making a couple for Christmas gifts also. Are you planning on filling yours. I was think of candy on the inside and maybe a nice pen or something on the outside. I also got a pack of Zebra pens, was thinking of using those. Not sure about what to put in them or just leave them as they are. I like your decorative stitching on the green one. I'm having trouble finding mugs with colored handles at Goodwill. They all have white handles. I did finally find the ones I needed though. It's crazy, their prices run from $.48 to $1.48. I just say, who prices this stuff and put it back on the shelf.lol

Such a cute idea! Nice for teachers gifts, I would think, even though I am way beyond those years!!

Blog Entries
    :thumbup:

those are just too cute!

That is a great idea :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dd
    I'm making a couple for Christmas gifts also. Are you planning on filling yours. I was think of candy on the inside and maybe a nice pen or something on the outside. I also got a pack of Zebra pens, was thinking of using those. Not sure about what to put in them or just leave them as they are. I like your decorative stitching on the green one. I'm having trouble finding mugs with colored handles at Goodwill. They all have white handles. I did finally find the ones I needed though. It's crazy, their prices run from $.48 to $1.48. I just say, who prices this stuff and put it back on the shelf.lol
    A little candy and a nice pen is a great idea! I'm been searching for mugs also; I've had some luck at Savers (2nd hand) and the dollar store; no luck at Goodwill here. Some of mine will have white mugs because I can't find enough of the right color/shape either.

Cool

Blog Entries
    very cute. i bet teachers would find them very useful. and they are super cute to see sitting in your work place. thanks for showing the pattern.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast