Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslin quilts

Now that I've read all of your comments pro and con about using muslin in your quilts I would love to see pictures of them. Here's a picture of mine. It's not a great quilt as it was the very first one I made about 8 or 9 years ago. I intended for it to be a "practice" quilt to see if I would like the process. As it turns out, I love the process and still do it today. This quilt was made mostly of scraps. Old work shirts, pants, pillow shams, MUSLIN, and other fabrics. The batting is an old mattress cover and I used an old sheet for the backing. I so love this quilt and it stays on my bed even today. Enjoy!

My first quilt with muslin. I named it "Til my ...arts content". It's quilted with hearts and looks to me like it has 3 hearts on it. 2 on the top and one (upside down) on the bottom.
    Name:  Attachment-94560.jpe
Views: 84
Size:  39.5 KB

Lovely quilt.

You did a great job for first quilt. I would like to see more of your work. Very conservative in your use of stuff too. Keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by gramqlts
    You did a great job for first quilt. I would like to see more of your work. Very conservative in your use of stuff too. Keep them coming!
    Thanks ann claire.

Gramqlts: Yes it was very conservative for my first one. I can't say that for the rest tho. I will have to look for pics of my other work because I don't have them anymore. They've all gone to charity or family.

Must be time to start a new one to show off. Muslin is one of my favorite to work with.

This table topper is made with the cheapo muslin from Walmart. So far it washes up fine. Next time I use muslin I will buy better stuff :wink:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

looks gret

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mzsooz
    This table topper is made with the cheapo muslin from Walmart. So far it washes up fine. Next time I use muslin I will buy better stuff :wink:
    Your quilt inspector seems to like it, though!

I like the look muslin gives a quilt. Looks old-timey.
    Carol B

Blog Entries
    Doug, you quilt is great. I see nothing wrong with muslin and my grandma used it all the time and said it was very durable. I use it on most of my backings. People spent to much time worrying about fabric it must be because the are concerned with the quilt police. Glenn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast