This is the 2nd brown and pink quilt I made like this, only this one is for our school's benefit auction in April. The patches come together really quick, so the only question was how to quilt it. I came up with the idea to quilt stars on it. It ended up looking a little different than how I envisioned it, but I'm pretty happy with it. The binding was different than I'd ever done because I inadvertently used up all my leftover material already in another scrappy quilt, so I left extra backing around the edges, folded it front and sewed it on. It went on faster, but I hope it holds out because it's only one layer instead of the double layer I usually use.
This is the front of the quilt. It's only twin size, although it looks bigger because it's laying on my queen size bed.
This is the pattern as seen from the back. It's easier to see this way. The stars are a single line design with stippling between them.
This part of the nursery rhyme that I quilted on the inside brown border. I used sewing pins to mark the halfway point to keep it spaced.
This is the border. I borrowed a pretty pattern from someone's quilt I saw here! Thanks for the inspiration!