View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 03:20 PM
JulieB

This is the 2nd brown and pink quilt I made like this, only this one is for our school's benefit auction in April. The patches come together really quick, so the only question was how to quilt it. I came up with the idea to quilt stars on it. It ended up looking a little different than how I envisioned it, but I'm pretty happy with it. The binding was different than I'd ever done because I inadvertently used up all my leftover material already in another scrappy quilt, so I left extra backing around the edges, folded it front and sewed it on. It went on faster, but I hope it holds out because it's only one layer instead of the double layer I usually use.

This is the front of the quilt. It's only twin size, although it looks bigger because it's laying on my queen size bed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128379[/ATTACH]

This is the pattern as seen from the back. It's easier to see this way. The stars are a single line design with stippling between them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128380[/ATTACH]

This part of the nursery rhyme that I quilted on the inside brown border. I used sewing pins to mark the halfway point to keep it spaced.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128381[/ATTACH]

This is the border. I borrowed a pretty pattern from someone's quilt I saw here! Thanks for the inspiration!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128663[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128374.jpe   attachment-128375.jpe   attachment-128376.jpe   attachment-128658.jpe