Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: My bag of 2.5" "blah" blocks

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    I've revisited these quilts. Did some counting--some of these quilts are very large-queen and maybe king size. This was not for the faint of heart. Kudos to you again.
    When they are all all done, I may post again with the binding, etc. I got three of them ready to quilt today--they are sandwiched. I want to get one FMQ tomorrow...may tackle one of the smaller ones, but I did sandwich the black- sashed 9 patch which is one of my favorites--I may start with that one.

Blog Entries
    Wow you have been a busy girl. I use the corners I cut off flying geese to use as start blocks when I am piecing. I am getting a pretty good bunch of half square triangles from them. Maybe I had better do what you did and start using them up. Just haven't found the right pattern yet.

Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
    Only two are finished quilts, but I started these on Sept. 16 I think. I've been like a person possessed and I'm so glad to have this much done. The quilting won't be done with so much frenzy. I've been sewing for hours and hours...just ask my family!

I'll use most of them for charity quilts, probably....the "special" ones, for my kids or special friends.
    I come to "borrow" my dd's computer, so don't have time to read to the end, but I just have to say, if you meant September, as in three months ago, I say like WOW! did you do any eating or sleeping at all?
    What a fantastic amount of quiltmaking and so much variety.
    You, lol, put my to shame...tee hee hee, 'cept I have no shame
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

Blog Entries
    Oh my word, you have been one busy quilter. Great job, I love 11 and 12. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, I love them all. It is amazing how much you can do with 2.5" squares. they are such humble little things but can be made into so many different beautiful squares
    ​Jan

Fantastic! It's perfect timing for me to read your post. I have been going thru my left over fabric and pieces trying to figure out what to do with it all. Then I saw your post this morning and I am so inspired! Thanks for sharing and you did a wonderful job using up your scraps.

My jaw just hit the keyboard, watching all these beutiful tops come up on my screen. You did this in such little time, you must do nothing else! You have insprired me to dig into my 2.5" scraps. Truely amazing.
    1951 Singer 301A - "Jean"
    1958 Singer Featherweight - "Verna"
    2009 Janome 4100QDC - Nameless

Blog Entries
    Wow!!!! Very impressive!!

yel
    Blog Entries
    do you have time to go through my scraps ??? yours look great mine still look like the first pic

What wonderfull work you have done. I admire ++++ from Paris !

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 LastLast