Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dear Jane quilt, 'Jane, Past and Present'

Power Poster
    Just have to echo all the wows of everyone else.

I'm speechless ! What a beautiful job you did and so quickly !! I attempted a few blocks in my quilting class but it was torture for me. I hope you can enter it in some shows in Ireland so you can win lots of blue ribbons (or would they be green over there ?) Congrats on a great job ! Pat

Your quilt is breathtaking. The amount of time you took to it it done, beyond me. If I may suggest, get this quilt appraised. It may surprise you. Again, absolutely beautiful. I am jealous in the best possible way. What fields will you conquer now??

I think you may have set a record dear for amount of time it took you to complete. My gosh, it is beautiful. Well done. Your brother will be blessed.

WOW! I have no words, others have said it better.

I want to do one in blue and white, maybe someday!!! Yours will be my inspiration.

Blog Entries
    Dakotamaid, a blue and white Jane would be really special, I look forward to seeing your first blocks!

I haven't ever seen a juried quilt show here Sewnsew - certainly not here in the West of Ireland, so I doubt if I will ever win any ribbons, whatever colour. I will probably put it in our (Sligo Quilt group) next exhibition, which I expect will be next year now.

Piecesinmn, it's a nice idea of yours, about appraisal, but again, I haven't a clue whether there is anyone here that does that. I suppose I could ask one of the Irish Quilt guilds, but I might have to eat humble pie, as I am not a member of either of them. (Lapsed several years ago, because it seemed soooo expensive). In the meantime, I shall probably just keep trying to improve - this isn't perfect by any means, it just looks good from a distance. Isn't that the thing about it being viewed from horseback at speed??? LOL.

Seriously though, I have been bowled over by all your lovely comments, and thank each and every one of you.

Awesome!

Awe-striking Lesley. You did a wonderful job on this project. Will you take a vacation or keep making blocks?

Blog Entries
    I have several UFO's hanging around, and an IRR that needs doing, plus I am collecting fabrics for a quilt called Little Brown Bird (if you google it, you will see pics). There is no danger of me twiddling my fingers not knowing what to do!

Wow!, What a work of art. It is amazing you got in COMPLETELY finished in just over 6 months. Outstanding job. I love your quilt, it is beautiful. The colors are perfect and I love the name. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast