Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My first attempts at FMQ, three WIPS finished and kitty pictures too!

Mary---I am so impressed with your first attempts at machine quilting!!! I have attempted on several occasions and mine never looks this good. Great job--you should be very proud!!!

I love pics of your kitties!! They never fail to make me smile. This morning when I looked I just had to share your "monorail cats" with my husband. They made him smile too!! :-) :-) :-)

Thanks for the positive comments all! Am itching to carry on now

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    I love pics of your kitties!! They never fail to make me smile. This morning when I looked I just had to share your "monorail cats" with my husband. They made him smile too!! :-) :-) :-)
    Thanks Marcia, My boys make me laugh and smile on a daily basis, so glad to share that with you and your husband!

Mary, you did a terrific job. I was going to ask if you marked your quilt for the lazy daisy but as I read I saw that you did. I would not be able to do that totally freehand, it would be all wonky. What kind of pencil did you mark with? You did a fantastic job staying on the lines! I'd be happy if my free motion was half as good as yours!

Great job!!! I'm impressed!

I love how the cats are on the door! Mine would fall off! lol
    Kitchen looks so cute with his nose all tucked away for sleeping.

Looking very very good!!!! Wonderful job. Isn't fun! You're a natural.

Love the kitties on top of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Mary, you did a terrific job. I was going to ask if you marked your quilt for the lazy daisy but as I read I saw that you did. I would not be able to do that totally freehand, it would be all wonky. What kind of pencil did you mark with? You did a fantastic job staying on the lines! I'd be happy if my free motion was half as good as yours!
    Thanks Gayle, the pencil I used was just an ordinary run of the mill 'propelling' pencil. The type that is plastic (lloks like a biro), and you put the fine 'nib' refills inside, and twist the pointy end to make the nib come out. It;s not a quilting one or anything, I got it from work. I find that it makes a line dark enough to see on most fabrics, but it is fine enough that as long as you sew right over it, you can't see the line afterwards. And if you can, it rubs off easy with the eraser on the end, or goes away totally with washing.

WOW, Mary! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: First attempt! Great Guns that is terrific! :lol: Love your practice pieces also with the stippling and kitty supervision! I have superviors evey time I sew and especially when I press something. I turn around and someone of them has stolen the "warm spot". :lol: Love the monorail kitties! :lol:

Wow you did a wonderful job and your kitties are killing me. How did they get on top of the door? Did they jump? Amazing my kittie has finally (oh poop) figured out how to get on the counters and since he loves to steal food not a good place for him, let alone my STOVE that could hurt.

Great quilting. Yes, how did the cats get up on the edge of the door? Inquiring minds want to know.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast