Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My first, & maybe only, flannel quilt >

My first, & maybe only, flannel quilt

My first, & maybe only, flannel quilt

Old 02-05-2014, 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=Jitterbug;6557161]Please do not let the few puckers hinder you from seeing the beauty of your work,for this quilt IS beautiful.I love it.You did a great job on it,and the colors are perfect.I like the added dimension of the diamonds by the way you constructed your snow ball blocks.Just wonderful.I know what you are saying,the aggravation,frustration of the difficulty of flannel. gets to the best of the quilters at times.I can only speak as a hand quilter my own times of frustration with flannel,but I've seen the machine quilters say many times on this board how rough it can get with flannel.I only said all that to just hope that you can still see your quilt as beautiful, and hope you will be proud of it.I'll gladly send my address to take it off your hands to help with your frustration...LOL!

Hello Jitterbug, trust me when I say that about a week ago you may have had it coming to you. LOL. I have come to terms with the puckers & it was very cozy to nap under today.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:08 PM

Despite all the problems you encountered, it came out beautifully.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:09 PM

Very pretty, I love this pattern, would make a great kids donation quilt. I have this same heart flannel. Don't give up on flannel, it makes the coziest quilts!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:42 PM

"Hello Jitterbug, trust me when I say that about a week ago you may have had it coming to you. LOL. I have come to terms with the puckers & it was very cozy to nap under today. "

Aw Fiddlesticks,so hoping...sigh.LOL Just kidding.I am glad you've forgiven the puckers,and so enjoyed that nap under it today.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:59 PM

Like everyone has said, regardless of the hassle it gave you, it is a beautiful quilt on top of that you combated the problem so its not detected. I have flannel that I want to use for a little girls quilt. Would it make a difference if it is washed before using the material? If not I may think twice before tackling this project.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinglady View Post
Like everyone has said, regardless of the hassle it gave you, it is a beautiful quilt on top of that you combated the problem so its not detected. I have flannel that I want to use for a little girls quilt. Would it make a difference if it is washed before using the material? If not I may think twice before tackling this project.
Hello, I always wash all my fabrics before using. Everyone has there own opinion on this, but since flannel will shrink I really wanted to wash & dry this fabric before using it. Also I wanted to see how badly the colors would run. If you do wash & dry it first I would suggest starching it & be sure not to iron just press flannel as it will stretch. I wish I could be more help, but as you can see I need to learn more myself. LOL. We will all get there together. I am sure that your baby quilt will be wonderful. Good Luck.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Power Poster

Wonderful work!!!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:24 PM

Your quilt looks beautiful,well done.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:13 PM

I don't usually use my walking foot for piecing, but have found it's a great help in piecing flannel.

Love your quilt!

Daffy
Old 02-05-2014, 11:21 PM

your quilt is beautiful. I made 7 flannel quilts couple years ago for Christmas gifts but they were only 60x60 and then only basic squares. I had them quilted by my friend. They turned out great for me and I didn't hear any complaints when she quilted them.