Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My first quilt - BOY have I leanred a lot

Hey there,

So this is my FIRST quilt ever...it was a learned experience. I wasn't sure how to use the seam ripper at first (thanks for showing me mom). So I accidentally made a small rip or 2 with it. So the zigzag stitch came in handy.

This is a baby quilt for a friend, and I ALMOST didn't give it to them. I thought I should make a new one and just chalk this one up to practice. But they said NO they wanted this one, so I boxing it up and shipping it to Boston this weekend.

I'm looking forward to finishing up my next quilt this evening tomorrow morning. And I can't tell you how much easier this one has been, compared to the other.

The pictures aren't the BEST cause it's hanging over my treadmill. But you get the idea. :)

P.S. This was the first time using my walking foot and stitching in the ditch...as you can see...sometimes I didn't quite stay in the ditch....like I said this was a learning experience.

~mike

Quilt View #1
    Name:  Attachment-13743.jpe
Views: 44
Size:  43.8 KB

Quilt View #2
    Name:  Attachment-13744.jpe
Views: 41
Size:  47.0 KB

Quilt View #3
    Name:  Attachment-13745.jpe
Views: 40
Size:  55.9 KB

Very cute quilt. I'm sure your friends will love it.

Good job!

This is really good for your first quilt!! From what I can see, even your points are matched up...even my points don't always match up!! This is a really good first attempt (if thta's what this really is..I think you're pulling our legs)! I can only imagine how good your second quilt is if this is your first. Congratulations and welcome to the board!

Very pretty quilt..You did a good job quilting it..

I think it's adorable and you did a great job matching those points. You should be proud of yourself and your friend's new baby is gonna love it! Keep at it and keep posting pictures!

Judging by your quilt, you've already learned the ropes of quilting!! haha. You did FANTASTiC! Welcome to the board, you'll love it here and we'll be sure to teach you a lot~~haha~~and you'll teach us a thing or two!! You will most definitely learn alot and come back often! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very nice quilt-we all had to start and learn somewhere.
    Great job looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Hugs
    April

You did great and FYI I have been quilting for 15 yrs and still I dont always stay in the ditch either (and I know I am not alone). Great quilt, I am thinking your friends will love it so much more knowing how much effort it took you. I look forward to more and more and more of your posts!!

I've been quilting for 12 years and I still learn something new with each quilt. Great job.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast