Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Quilt

A quilt is good if you hang it on the porch and drive or ride your horse by going 20 MPH. This one looks great to me and I love the reds and pinks.

Power Poster
    It looks wonderful!
    You learn everyday when you quilt! Keep up the good work!

Blog Entries
    Right now I want you to go to the dictionary, find the word - perfect, get a pencil and cross it out. How many things we never do because we are not perfect. Never sing, never dance, never plant a garden.

GIVE IT UP and enjoy the doing!

Your quilt is wonderful. It has great color, well balanced and scrappy all at the same time. Wonderful!
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

OH MY!!! ube quilting, you just said it all!! I think I am going to print out your answer in HUGE letters and hang it on my sewing room wall!!

Sweetie, your quilt is beautiful and waaaaay better than my first one. There is an old Persian proverb--if something is perfect, it is too good for Man and may only be used by the gods. That is why woven rugs always have a small imperfection purposely added.
    Even if my quilts' imperfections are not 'purposely added', I want them to be used and abused and loved by my fellow human beings.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

I too was afraid to quilt because I was overly concerned with my inability to meet the high standards I set for myself, but once I realized that the things I saw as imperfections were totally invisible once placed on a bed, tossed over a couch, or draped around someone you love. So, lighten up on yourself like I did and just enjoy the process. Your quilt is lovely.

Hi Linda: I struggled with the "perfection complex" for so many years. I began learning to quilt about 4 years ago. Couldn't use a rotary cutter and still have problems with that. A scant quarter inch? What?? I have finally learned that quilting is a skill that is to be learned as one continues to quilt. Each quilt I work on, I am striving to do "better". But after all these years I am letting go of perfectionism. I believe the closest I get to perfection is when I am on my knees praying to God the Father and Jesus the Son. Your quilt is lovely and great job well done for a first quilt. Keep on keeping on...

What an awesome first quilt! This shows you are adventurous in your choices- that's great! You will keep challenging yourself, and best of all now you can say "I'm a quilter"!
    Come to Me and I will give you rest--Jesus.

QM
    It looks good. None our quilts are completly free of errors, if someone want to be a nit picker. On a bet from DH, I went around a display of APQS quilts and found at least one error in each. My first quilt wasn't anywhere near that good.Please accept that you are human, therfore fallible. I look forward to seeing more quilts from you.

Blog Entries
    Looks vreat to me

Are you kidding? If this is your first quilt, you're a natural! YOU are your worst critic - everyone else will marvel over your creations thinking they could never do it themselves.....its a lovely quilt!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast