Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My latest - a gift from a city to a tribe

Clapping!!!! You did a wonderful job on something that is a very important part of our culture. Every part of our heritage/culture needs to be saved for future people to learn and enjoy. Every person who sees your creation will take away more knowledge than they arrived there with. Great job!!!!!!!!

Kat

What a great quilt and how thoughtful of you to create that for the tribe! I am sure they are very proud to have that hanging in the museum. Since we don't live too far from there we will have to stop in and look. So from you next door neighbor....kudos for an awesome job done.
    Friendship is a knot
    tied by Angels hands.

Linda

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Great quilt! I like that there's some history and (I assume) some of today's connections. Congratulations on taking on a big challenge and meeting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter View Post
    What a great quilt and how thoughtful of you to create that for the tribe! I am sure they are very proud to have that hanging in the museum. Since we don't live too far from there we will have to stop in and look. So from you next door neighbor....kudos for an awesome job done.
    Check Sunday's Kitsap Sun for the article about the museum opening! It's quite the beautiful museum. Don't know yet when they are going to hang the quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatStarter View Post
    Clapping!!!! You did a wonderful job on something that is a very important part of our culture. Every part of our heritage/culture needs to be saved for future people to learn and enjoy. Every person who sees your creation will take away more knowledge than they arrived there with. Great job!!!!!!!!

Kat
    I also credit the Mayor of Poulsbo for planting the seed in me. I did quite a bit of research on the background of Poulsbo as well as the Suquamish Tribe. Note of interest: Chief Sealth, leader of the Suquamish, is the person for whom the city of Seattle is named!!!

I'm amazed at your creativity. I hope I can visit the museum and see the quilt one day.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    So well thought out, a wonderful quilt sure to be an historic treasure for years to come! Kudos!!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

What an amazing quilt!

Blog Entries
    That is fantastic. Good for you for tackling this project. So many thumbs up!!

very cool.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast