Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Marimekko quilt >

My Marimekko quilt

My Marimekko quilt

Old 05-29-2016, 04:40 AM
Power Poster

One of the first FM designs I learned was hearts. Why not fill the white squares with all sizes of hearts connected with a wavy line? If you haven't done them they are easy to start with a wavy line making a dip and starting in the valley of the heart then going left or right (I'm right handed and I go to the left) and forming the first mound tapering to the center then going up the other side back to the center valley and coming out of it with a loopy or wavy line.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:48 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551144[/ATTACH]
Would this be hard to do?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Heart drop stencil.pdf (61.2 KB, 58 views)
Old 06-04-2016, 12:40 PM

Here is a picture of some of the blocks I have laid out. If I had to do it again, I would change the white fabric to a heavier weight. And only just now I discovered something I was doing wrong with the rulers. Now I wait for the other two pieces to come in the mail and I should finish the quilt top.

I've laid a paper sample of the quilting I will do on the white blocks. I ordered a pattern that consists of more than enough blocks that have adhesive and I sew on the pattern and tear the paper off. If any of you have tips to make this more successful, please let me know!

I have been practicing the "two loops, then a heart" that I would like to do in the sashing. Then I need suggestions for what to do in the colored blocks.

I have begun sewing the strips together for the border and have been saving strips for the binding. See how I have sewn in the Marimekko labels? Somehow, I will incorporate the interpretations. Probably type them up and send them to Spoonflower to make a blocks, then cut the blocks up to add to the border strips. Make sense? lol I think I will also take pictures of the labels from the packages from Finland and include those in what I send to Spoonflower to add to the strips as well.

What do you think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551570[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]551571[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]551572[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0816.jpg   img_0817.jpg   loopy-hearts.png