We decided to draw names this year for Christmas giving and I drew my DDL. I gave her the option of three patterns (stupid me) and she chose McCalls, Covering America - 50 State Blocks United in One Quilt, but wanted it queen sized. I don't do a lot of small piecing and this scared me to death. Worse yet, the pattern uses templates! Triangulations and pressing my seams open were my life savers. Many of the templates were half or quarter square triangles in 1/16" increments. Really? I started in May 2012 and quickly got 25 blocks done. Then other things took priority: baby quilts for two expected grand kids, vacations etc. I think I was procrastinating on the harder blocks too. Finally, I resumed again the end of September, piecing the piano key border at their home in VA in October, and got it to my LAQ in time the first week of November. I was sick of looking at it and was ready for a break, even though I loved it, and knew they would too. On the navy cornerstones I machine embroidered the PO initials of each state below the designated block. That was to appease my husband who kept saying, "I don't understand how that can be the state of ........., it doesn't look anything like the state." Men! You gotta love them! The red sashing was added to increase the size to queen. Since my DDL and DS are using this as their main blanket, I had it quilted in a pantograph of stars and banners to make it drape better. The pictures were taken on our king sized bed as it is the largest display area we have. Hope you enjoy it.