So, I found this BOM quilt on the Jinny Beyer website. I started collecting the block instructions each month thinking that I would wait until the first of the year and after the Christmas rush would just whip this one out. I wanted to use the Stack'n Whack idea and translate it to the compass points and/or the background. Wellllll, that has proven to be a challenge. I just should have bought the fabric and followed the colorway. I have decided that I am dense or something, but this has proven to be my most trying adventure. I have stumbled, mumbled, ripped, re-sewn, re-ripped, rested, pondered, and a few other things along the way. I have pp'd, traditional pieced, hand sewn, machine stitched, appliqued, anything to tame the tiger. Thought I would share as I don't want to start the next block and am looking for any excuse. This may be the last one of these I attempt. So, tada, here is the WIP: This first one is my second attempt to use stack'n whack. Thought it was too overwhelming, but doesn't look bad in the whole scheme.
The next one is the first attempt to use the stack'n whack for the background. Center is appliqued.
The next one used handsewing around the center. Tricky little fellows and I used the stack'n whack for the main points. The top of the one pattern of the alternating blocks is shown.
The 76 piecer block. Can see why this wasn't the first one and that the next one was months away. Whew, did I have a bulge in the center of this one to iron out.
Fussy cut two different fabrics for this one. More hand sewing. I am the sew with a machine type so I can get on to the next one. I am learning patience.
And the one I finished today making me consider whether I am dense/sane or not, but think I like the way it finally came out, just reluctant to start the next:
Snowing here today again. Stay warm and keep on quilting!