Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My quilt albums

GOOD Morning!
    Instead of posting pictures of quilts I have done, I will post a link to my albums. (I hope that is permitted?) I have so many in progress, needing quilting, & well....you can see for yourself. :mrgreen:

Have a great day! Riley

http://community.webshots.com/user/Darlingoldlady

The quilts are wonderful, but I had to smile when I saw the hummingbird nests. Back in my rural days, the farm down the road had sheep, and the hummingbirds would most carefully lines their nests in the wool. They were amazing little critters, coming to visit me in the gardens, often hovering inches in front of my face.

You sure are productive!!! You've done some beautiful work. Thank you for sharing!
    ~Tiffany

Beautiful! I love your paintings, too. That sketch of your parents is wonderful, too!

rf

You are a quilting goddess!

Good grief, woman! Don't you ever sleep! What a fantastic collection of quilts you have done, not to mention your paintings/drawings. I thought the rose was a photograph! Thank you so much for sharing it all with us!

M

Blog Entries
    YOUR awful quilts are better than my best quilts!!! :P :P :P

Your work is beautiful.Which do you like best? Quilting or Painting?

I'm speechless you are great :D

Thank you all so very much for your kind words! Gives me encouragement to run in & work on the dozen or so that I have in progress. :mrgreen:

There is a tuft of cotton in the 3rd hummingbird nest. We do not grow cotton in the region where I live in. That nest was found at the cemetery in which my grandparents rest. Cotton is widely grown in that area. Ever resourceful, I am sure some little hummer hen found cotton was a good nest liner.

The charcoal sketch I did of my parents was from 2 very small px that were in their church directory. They were the last known px of them. They have been gone 30 years.

I fancied to be an artist when I was young. My Father told me that if I ever HAD to make my own living, I would go hungry "drawing" px & that I needed to find a career that would support me. Since he was paying my college tuition (& back then we did what our parents said,) I chose my second love, which was nursing.

And it was a good choice, tho I have never had to make my own living literally.

Many thanks for all your kind comments! Riley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast