Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need more help please...

OK, ladies and gentlemen. I am in a RUT and can not, for the life of me, get this beautiful quilt finished. I have tried many times and have had to take it apart to start all over again. I know how I want to quilt it, but am lacking the creativity and mojo to do so (I think there are meds that :lol: ).
    Anyway, I need a quilter in the Seattle area that isn't going to want my first born. If anyone knows of someone, please let me know.
    If you want to keep the person private, you can email me at [email protected]

I am currently working on this wonderful quilt for my daughter and need input from the masses. I would like to get info on how I should quilt this beautiful thing. I do have some ideas, but I would like to hear from you. :mrgreen:
    The second picture is of the place of inspiration.
    Any and all opinions are appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kelly,
    I'm not here to help but just to say, "Wow!"
    Did you paint the fabric? It is going to be a beautiful quilt. Be sure to show it off when you have it quilted.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne
    Kelly,
    I'm not here to help but just to say, "Wow!"
    Did you paint the fabric? It is going to be a beautiful quilt. Be sure to show it off when you have it quilted.
    Just ditto what Yvonne said, but let us see it when you do have it quilted.

I would use either matching or invisible thread, its a real work of art. congratulations and well done

another WOW!

Spectacular! I would continue the natural theme with birds, wind gusts cloud shapes, etc, in the sky, and fishy, watery things below.

but then again, I am a bit odd, using needle & thread to doodle my quilting designs.

kelly, your quilt is just so beautiful. your a very talented quilter. lucky daughter.

I'm no help with the quilting sorry, but I just wanted to say what a truly fab peice of art work you've made there :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    That is truly amazing, gorgeous, stunning..... part of me says stitch in the ditch only, because you have done such an amazing job on the quilt top, but, the other part of me agrees with moonpi that some creative quilting designs might set it off even more.... Whatever you choose to do, your daughter is one lucky gal to be the recipient of such a masterpiece! Can't wait to see it after it is quilted :D

Wow! what a great job you did. I also think you should go with birds, fish ripples in the water, wind through the sky. You really did a nice job.

Gorgeous! My mouth is open now saying wow! LOL. that is beautiful...what an amazing job. yes, how did you do the fabric, did you paint it? I agree with the gals, ripples in the water, birds in the sky. I think subtle quilting would accent it wonderfully.

That is one fantastic quilt, I think my jaw dropped a foot---In fact, I think it qualifies more as a work or art than a quilt. You are one wonderful designer to say the least..... :lol:

Blog Entries
    PLEASE tell us how you got the photo on to fabric!

If it's something you bought, I have a feeling a lot of quilt shops will be visited soon!

I would be inclined to just outline quilt the window panes, and I might even mount it on a frame (like a stretched canvas) to show off the picture better.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonpi
    Spectacular! I would continue the natural theme with birds, wind gusts cloud shapes, etc, in the sky, and fishy, watery things below.

but then again, I am a bit odd, using needle & thread to doodle my quilting designs.
    WOWOWOWOWOW, your work is just to gorgeous for words. I agree with Moonpi, I would hand quilt shapes if I were talented enough to do that kind of work. Is this your own design? Did you paint or do the blocks with piece or what? They are very lucky to have you do this for them!!

Sharon

Until we got the church quilt back and i saw what a lot of different designs are possible, I would have said stitch in the ditch too. But like Moonpi said, use different qulting designs to accent such a beautiful work of art. Accent the water by using wavy lines and such and stitch clouds in the sky. Its a very beautiful work of art and you should be extremely proud of yourself. YOU DONE GOOD :!: :!: :!: :thumbup:

Thank you for the comments.
    I did not paint the fabric. The sky fabric is called Little Angels #48110 (Pacific Fabrics) by Dona Gelsinger. I am not sure if you can find it through their website, I just happened upon it while shopping for fabric.

These are all pieced. I did an Easy Attic Window, with total design it is almost a 12" block. The fabric is not painted (the sky is Little Angels #48110 (Pacific Fabric) by Dona Gelsinger. I appliqued the mountains, tree reflection and the dock. I do appreciate all the comments I have been getting, so Thank you everyone.

Kelly ' I would follow my clouds water ripples and birds in sky then in quilt in the ditch around window panes, Its so realistic and i believe that that would pop it some more if possible..... :) :-) :D :( :shock: 8)

help :?:

This may sound stupid, but have you tried looking through coloring books. Sometimes it helps to see how to do basic motion as in water, and the breeze blowing. I would out line the windows, the dock and the moutains and then look at it and see if you want more.

I am new to the forum but an old hand at quilting. I would do in the ditch first then some creative quilting on the squares. A wonderful quilt. :lol:

I did a acouple of attic windows. In both, I free-motioned wood grain on the window sashing. One was at night, so I did some stars in the window panes with silver thread. Also, stitched in the ditch. I would do water motion in the windows where you see water and outline other stuff where you see it. Clear as mud, no doubt.

How big is the quilt?

M

It's just bigger then a full size. I think the final dimensions are 72" X 72".

wowwww wowwwww wowwwww...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast