The first quilt is my donation, a Jigsaw Puzzle Quilt done in polka dot fabrics with a Jigsaw Puzzle backing fabric that I was told was for Autism when I bought it. I even found a Jigsaw Puzzle quilt stencil at Joann's that I did across the quilt in a variegated thread called, "Gumballs". If you look close, you can still see my marking lines since I hadn't washed them away yet.
The second quilt is the actual quilt kit that "Quilt for Kids" sent me when I signed up. They send you the fabrics and pattern for the quilt and all you have to do is piece the quilt and provide batting (and binding if you don't use their preferred method of bringing the backing to the front). They also ask that you send in another quilt as a donation (which is the Jigsaw Puzzle that I made) so that they can double the amount of kids they can reach with their quilts.
This was my first time machine sewing the binding down which is also their preferred method since hand stitched bindings may come loose with repeat washings in the industrial washer/dryers that the hospitals use. Also, they want it stitched down good so nothing can catch on the IV lines.
It was a very rewarding experience and I had so much fun picking out fun, vibrant polka dot fabrics for the donation quilt. I found myself praying and sending "get well" thoughts to the child who would receive the quilt. Next on my list is "Project Linus". Thanks for looking!