Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My recent excellent adventure! >

My recent excellent adventure!

My recent excellent adventure!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Wow! You really made a haul! You go! Hope to see pics of your creations.

I scored big time at Joann's also. I hit the red tag fabric $3-5 a yard and then 1/2 off that. Also all Debbie Mumm Christmas fabrics 70% off. Then had a 10% off coupon (off entire purchase). Got tons of fabric. Also got the remnant 70% off from some of the fabric (which was already 70% off). According to the receipt, I saved $87.98, which was almost 3 times what I spent!!!!

Now really am afflicted with SABLE (stash accumulation beyond life expectancy), identified by another sufferer on this board :lol:
Old 01-05-2010, 10:27 PM

Overheard conversation between two daughters (ours)

Actually, I didn't overhear it ... they were talking to me and around me!

The youngest one: I can hardly wait for you to die so I can burn everything you own!

Oldest one: Like hell you will! I have been there for most of her days of collecting - - there is a LOT of good stuff in there!

Do you suppose I should start stashing cash in the boxes and bags so that they will have to go through it all????

Don't feel too badly about the conversation. These children did survive me as their mother, and had to pack and carry all the boxes of all the stuff I accrued while waiting to get "snowed in" (so, I lived at the Beach and then in a desert????) Well! It MIGHT snow! after all ... they say there is this thing called climate change ... <sigh>
So, anyway ... took a trip to North Carolina a couple of years ago. Left hubby, dogs, cat and my fabric :cry: but, I didn't have to worry, because I told my best friend she was getting all my stash - - I had it written on the wall in the bunkhouse and then left phone numbers all over the place just in case I didn't get back to sew it all together ...
obviously <g> I made it back! (I am sure my fabric friend is VERY glad!) ...
Remember that saying: First you think you are going to die and then you are scared you will survive????
That's sort of what living around me is like! ROFLOL (I live to THRILL!)
even if it is just watching what happens to the people around me when I say: "I have a plan!"
Old 04-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Google Goddess

wow, cool fabric you found