Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My recent excellent adventure! >

My recent excellent adventure!

My recent excellent adventure!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Power Poster

What they don't use a rubber stamp to label your forehead or your file when you are nuts?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Banned

OMAK.....where are the pictures from todays purchases? HEHE! I will be there tomorrow as well quilting....thinking about grabbing a few more quilt backings..lol. I left there yesterday without anything....I don't know what happened today?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:55 AM

I love all the fabric.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
What they don't use a rubber stamp to label your forehead or your file when you are nuts?
LOL ... that would be too easy!
They keep looking for a "smoking gun" but I learned long ago - - if you want to "catch" someone doing something "crazy" you have to have some indication of what is crazy and then make sure you aren't doing the same thing:shock:
Old 01-05-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
OMAK.....where are the pictures from todays purchases? HEHE! I will be there tomorrow as well quilting....thinking about grabbing a few more quilt backings..lol. I left there yesterday without anything....I don't know what happened today?
I am in denial <g>
Old 01-05-2010, 08:48 AM

You sure a ready for some major projects.

I have made the Sisterhood of Quilters lap quilt it is so cute. My husband insisted I make it. I will have to post a pic of it.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 AM

Way, WAY too much fun reading this thread. I'm sorta glad, but sorta sad that I don't live near enough to go to that LQS. Hard to pick my favorite part of this thread, but I did laugh out loud at 'I'm staying away from LQSs until my stash is down to ONE room.'
Old 01-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LoriJ
Omak, I LOVE your choices! Isn't it fun to go somewhere and find things that just speak to you? I have been to Ephrata a couple of times when we were living in Washington. DH went a number of times over to the national guard unit there. We stayed in the coolest hotel there, with themed rooms and Soap Lake water in the bathtub. I'd love to make it back there someday.
Who would have thunk that a little town in the middle of Washington state would have such treasures? Great people, a real quilt store (with sales, yet!), an interesting place to stay (Notaras Lodge in Soap Lake)... I enjoyed my visit there in December, while getting trained on the Innova, but I wish I could have put it off until January and joined you for the sale. I LOVE that red striped fabric.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Way, WAY too much fun reading this thread. I'm sorta glad, but sorta sad that I don't live near enough to go to that LQS. Hard to pick my favorite part of this thread, but I did laugh out loud at 'I'm staying away from LQSs until my stash is down to ONE room.'
I went to the LQS one day (quite awhile ago) and there were some really neat coffee cups that had neat sayings on them:
One was:
A fat quarter is NOT a body part

the one I chose not to buy, but I did tell hubby about was:
My husband says I can keep all the fabric I can hide.

Poor hubby - - he made the mistake of sort of smiling, so the next day
I went back, bought the cup and some more fabric! We do have forty acres, after all8-) :!:
Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by LoriJ
Omak, I LOVE your choices! Isn't it fun to go somewhere and find things that just speak to you? I have been to Ephrata a couple of times when we were living in Washington. DH went a number of times over to the national guard unit there. We stayed in the coolest hotel there, with themed rooms and Soap Lake water in the bathtub. I'd love to make it back there someday.
Who would have thunk that a little town in the middle of Washington state would have such treasures? Great people, a real quilt store (with sales, yet!), an interesting place to stay (Notaras Lodge in Soap Lake)... I enjoyed my visit there in December, while getting trained on the Innova, but I wish I could have put it off until January and joined you for the sale. I LOVE that red striped fabric.
I'll bet the Notaras Lodge would have been a fun place for New Year's Eve, eh?
Here is the low-down on the Red Strip It fabric:
Faye Burgos did it for Marcus Fabric and it is called:
GALLERY IN RED STRIP IT
(that is why I kept asking ... what part of the name suggests PINK?????)
anyway,
I tell you all of this because the supplier for our little store is down in your neck of the woods, AND!
I went to Marcus Fabric website, and not only did I find the product number R14 2043 0111 (I almost have it memorized :| )
but, they published the fabric stores who carried it, complete with addresses and phone numbers, so .... <g>
If you have a plan for it, you know everything I do! LOL