Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My Very First Quilt Block Sewed Together

Hi everyone

I finally got to sit down this afternoon and I sewed my strips together which there is 3 strips altogether for my block. I took a picture of my very first Sewed Quilt Block. I am making my very first Scrappy Quilt. This is Block #1.

I am going to work on Block #2 tomorrow and get that put together. When I get that one put together than I will take a picture of that one as well.

I am having a total of 4 blocks altogether for my Scrappy Quilt. I like to keep it small since I am learning and I don't want it too big.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You are doing a great job so far!!

Thank you

VERY GOOD!!! It looks like all your corners match up perfectly! :) Keep going and start slow. I got "stuck" becuase I had a big project I got board with. Now I just make blocks and see what happens. Maybe one day it will turn into something - maybe it won't, but I had fun. That is the whole point :)

Keep it up.

Great first block. That is a really nice block for beginners and for very fast quilts, i love it.

Very nice start to your blocks..Now I wished mine started out so well..Your doing a great job, I've found one of the easiest patterns ever..If you like I can get it too you as soon as I figure out how to get the scanner to work lol..
    MrsJRhine

Blog Entries
    Great job so far!

Blog Entries
    All your corners match - that is a great beginning! Will you make it into a wall-hanging?

Good start! I suggest you get in the habit of pressing as you go...It helps keep things straight when sewing rows and blocks together... :D

Ditter

Thank you so very much for all of the lovely comments about my first block. I forgot to mention to you that I even took it to the lqs and the lady that is part owner of the shop told me that I did really good considering it is my first time. I was so happy to hear that.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it after I get it all put together. I am going to keep it since this will be my first one.

Oh and when I went to the LQS I bought Quilting Needles - Size 10 - and a spool of white cotton thread.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast