Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Need Help - Color Order Spicy Spiral Table Runner

  1. #1
    Senior Member OWALK718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    683
    I have these scraps that I want to use to practice making the Spicy Spiral Table Runner. My problem is - I don't know which order I should put them in. Let's go with a numbering system from left to right being 1 through 8. You all are so knowledgeable when it comes to color choices. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

    Spiral Table Runner Choices
    Name:  Attachment-246033.jpe
Views: 473
Size:  59.4 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by OWALK718
    I have these scraps that I want to use to practice making the Spicy Spiral Table Runner. My problem is - I don't know which order I should put them in. Let's go with a numbering system from left to right being 1 through 8. You all are so knowledgeable when it comes to color choices. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
    Do you have a copier? if so, make a black and white copy of the fabrics. It will give you the gray scale of the fabrics and then you could put them in order of darkest to lightest

    Edit: I copied your picture and changed it to black and white in windows and this is what it came up as. .. .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #3
    Senior Member OWALK718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    683
    Thanks - I try that.

  4. #4
    Senior Member OWALK718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    683
    You're quick on the draw. I just printed it also on my printer. Thanks for all your help.

  5. #5
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    No problem!!! I have this pattern and the wedge tool, bought it about 3 months ago. They are sitting on shelf, waiting patiently to be used. . . . lol!

  6. #6
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,024
    Blog Entries
    47
    I have made several. I find that what ever fabric/color on the outsides will stand out. I like to use a fabric in the center that has both of those colors in it. I looked at the photo on the pattern maybe you can see what I'm referring to. The center has a lighter strip or 2. Anyway you do it, it will look great! Your fabrics are very nice. Keep us posted on your progress:) Bottom line there is not right or wrong.

  7. #7
    Senior Member OWALK718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    I have made several. I find that what ever fabric/color on the outsides will stand out. I like to use a fabric in the center that has both of those colors in it. I looked at the photo on the pattern maybe you can see what I'm referring to. The center has a lighter strip or 2. Anyway you do it, it will look great! Your fabrics are very nice. Keep us posted on your progress:) Bottom line there is not right or wrong.
    Thanks I'm trying to switch those light ones around now.

  8. #8
    Super Member emt2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,115
    Im also having a hard time with colors, I will post a picture of my fabric later. I have to go shopping right now..........Michele

  9. #9
    Super Member emt2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,115
    Here are the pieces I decidied to use. What order do u think would look ok for the spicy spiral table runner? Thanks for your help, Michele
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #10
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by emt2004
    Here are the pieces I decidied to use. What order do u think would look ok for the spicy spiral table runner? Thanks for your help, Michele
    i did the same thing for your picture. I put it in gray scale so you can see color values of the fabrics.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.