I was reading posts about the Flynn Frame, and can't afford it right now, so I showed it to DH..... And this is what he came up with!
I've just started using it, and so far busted two needles.... lol!!!! Think I am having to get used to having the 4" quilting area, as that's where I've been busting the needles.
It's two 5' pieces of 1" pvc, and he made wooden thingys to hold them on each end. And pvc pipe fittings. He has 4x4x24" long under the quilt on each end, to help support it. I just used some packing tape to hold the leader cloths on (don't look at where I didn't trim the cloth to fit on the one side! lol!!!). Ribbon on sides, for side tension. This cost a whole $16, including the packing tape!
I just need to loosen the thingys on the ends to unroll it a bit, to get a new quilting area.
I thought this might help give somebody some ideas!