Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Purse!!!

Look at the new purse I made!!!
    Due to upper back injuries, I usually don't carry a purse that hangs on my shoulders, just a cross-body bag. I have been wanting to make one for ages, but wanted a pattern to use. I am not that competent at figuring it out on my own with purses...

Well, at Christmas hubby got me my normal gift certificate to a LQS amongst everything else and of course, I could NOT find any fabric for ME....but the other day went in and suddenly remembered that I have been searching for a cross body bag pattern~! And, when I went through the binder with all the patterns, I was pleasantly surprised to find several for cross body bags! The one that I chose actualkly has three different sizes (good thing cause mine are usually about 4 x 6 inches and not normally any larger....
    I bought a little batik fabric (already had the fusible fleece) and had this made in a few hours! I love it and it was a lot of fun!!!
    The pattern is very adaptable, so I will be able to add an outside pocket if I want to or more inside pockets easily! I made the first one exactly as the pattern said so there would be no surprises! From what I saw, I think it used just under one yard of fabric!
    Now, I can carry pretty quilted purses in any style I like! What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is awesome! I LOVE the fabric you used! Very nice!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful! I love that fabric! I also have been afraid to attempt to make one, but yesterday I bought two patterns that are rated easy (and NO zipper!!), so after I get back from my overseas trip around May, I will give it a go! My hopes are that I can pull it off (NO self-confidence here!) and make 21 of them for my staff by the time I go back in August.

Beautifu purse!!!

scb
    Very nice! Love the fabric

Quote Originally Posted by scb
    Very nice! Love the fabric
    Thanks! I will be in IN the end of this month! My homestate! Going back to visit mom and drive to my son's in MS, stopping along the way to pick up my sis in TN! Welcome to the board---it will occupy your every waking moment-and even some sleeping ones!

very pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by natalieg
    Look at the new purse I made!!!
    Due to upper back injuries, I usually don't carry a purse that hangs on my shoulders, just a cross-body bag. I have been wanting to make one for ages, but wanted a pattern to use. I am not that competent at figuring it out on my own with purses...

Well, at Christmas hubby got me my normal gift certificate to a LQS amongst everything else and of course, I could NOT find any fabric for ME....but the other day went in and suddenly remembered that I have been searching for a cross body bag pattern~! And, when I went through the binder with all the patterns, I was pleasantly surprised to find several for cross body bags! The one that I chose actualkly has three different sizes (good thing cause mine are usually about 4 x 6 inches and not normally any larger....
    I bought a little batik fabric (already had the fusible fleece) and had this made in a few hours! I love it and it was a lot of fun!!!
    The pattern is very adaptable, so I will be able to add an outside pocket if I want to or more inside pockets easily! I made the first one exactly as the pattern said so there would be no surprises! From what I saw, I think it used just under one yard of fabric!
    Now, I can carry pretty quilted purses in any style I like! What do you think?
    Great Job! I love that pattern!

Blog Entries
    Very nice and the fabric is very beautiful!

Ahhhhhhhh Pretty!!!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast