Thread: New Purse!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 AM
suebee

Originally Posted by natalieg
Look at the new purse I made!!!
Due to upper back injuries, I usually don't carry a purse that hangs on my shoulders, just a cross-body bag. I have been wanting to make one for ages, but wanted a pattern to use. I am not that competent at figuring it out on my own with purses...

Well, at Christmas hubby got me my normal gift certificate to a LQS amongst everything else and of course, I could NOT find any fabric for ME....but the other day went in and suddenly remembered that I have been searching for a cross body bag pattern~! And, when I went through the binder with all the patterns, I was pleasantly surprised to find several for cross body bags! The one that I chose actualkly has three different sizes (good thing cause mine are usually about 4 x 6 inches and not normally any larger....
I bought a little batik fabric (already had the fusible fleece) and had this made in a few hours! I love it and it was a lot of fun!!!
The pattern is very adaptable, so I will be able to add an outside pocket if I want to or more inside pockets easily! I made the first one exactly as the pattern said so there would be no surprises! From what I saw, I think it used just under one yard of fabric!
Now, I can carry pretty quilted purses in any style I like! What do you think?
Great Job! I love that pattern!