Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New quilts by a newbie quilter

New quilts by a newbie quilter

A young girl from our church has been coming to my house almost every week for a year to learn what little I know about quilting. This young lady can sew rings around me. She makes matching dresses for herself, her mother, and baby sister for Christmas and Easter each year....and then she comes to me to learn to quilt. Never will understand that part, but I sure have enjoyed her company! When I can't understand a pattern, she helps ME! Anyway, I am going to try to attach the 3 baby quilts she's made this year. On one of the pictures, there is a dress. She had leftover fabric and made a dress to go along with the quilt. Needless to say, I'm tickled to death to have someone who seems to enjoy quilting and also enjoys spending time with me doing it!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

She did an excellemt job on her quilts!
    Do all for His glory.

Wow! She does really nice work. I'm working on my first quilt now and my friend who is an experienced quilter said she is so happy to have someone now to share it with. She said no one ever seemed to pay much attention before or realize all that went into just one quilt. I never thought about it that way until now that I am trying to get through one.

Awesome, it must be so cool to have someone to share your love of quilting and sewing with! Great job on the quilts and dress.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass......It's learning how to dance in the rain!

How precious to have someone to pass your passion on to and who does such lovely work. I am sure she is thankful to have you and enjoys being with you as much as you enjoy having her quilt with you.

Wow! These are beautiful.

They are all adorable. Lucky you to have a quilting buddy that shares so much with you.

She is very talented and lucky to have you.

It's so nice to be able to pass along an art form like quilting. So many young girls are too busy to sit still that long. She certainly does nice work & you are to be commended for being such a great roll model.

Blog Entries
    She did a wonderful job and the dress is just adorable. Isn't it wonderful to share your talents with each other!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast