Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
New Treadle machine! cabinet and all! >

New Treadle machine! cabinet and all!

New Treadle machine! cabinet and all!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:26 PM

Here is my new machine i found on Father's Day! I saw it listed in the paper and tracked it down... It is a Paragon, never heard of them before but I took it anyway! I liked the cabinet. Kinda cool gothic coffin look! So now I am on the look out for a New Home Cabinet! I think it was a deal at $45. I think??
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215755.jpe   attachment-215785.jpe   attachment-215787.jpe  
Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 PM

I think you got a great deal-congrats!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:41 PM

I love it! I think I am obsessed with vintage Singer sewing machines. (other brands as well)
I have an old one with the coffin too.
Enjoy your new machine.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl
Here is my new machine i found on Father's Day! I saw it listed in the paper and tracked it down... It is a Paragon, never heard of them before but I took it anyway! I liked the cabinet. Kinda cool gothic coffin look! So now I am on the look out for a New Home Cabinet! I think it was a deal at $45. I think??
Is the front slide plate in one of the drawers?
Tommie
Old 06-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Banned

Ah yeah it was a killer deal! I love the cabinet and if you could post a couple photos of the treadle and a closer view of the machine I might can figure out the maker of it. Its definitely a badged machine.......

Billy
Old 06-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

Okay I figured it out it was made by the Standard Sewing Machine Company. If I can get the close ups of the machine (the handwheel and the faceplate) and some numbers I might could get close to a date for you. But if I was a betting man I am going to say its a pre 1900 model or close to it judging by the cabinet.

Billy
Old 06-23-2011, 02:53 PM

No it is not! I have to hunt one down now........ hoping that it is a universal or standard kinda size!
Originally Posted by tomilu
Tommie
Old 06-23-2011, 02:55 PM

oh what smart boy you are !! yes it is made by Standard... ok, let me go out in the garage! U know what happens in the garage don't cha ??

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay I figured it out it was made by the Standard Sewing Machine Company. If I can get the close ups of the machine (the handwheel and the faceplate) and some numbers I might could get close to a date for you. But if I was a betting man I am going to say its a pre 1900 model or close to it judging by the cabinet.

Billy
Old 06-23-2011, 02:55 PM

you think pre 1900??? hmmmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
Old 06-23-2011, 02:56 PM

No it is not! I have to hunt one down now........ hoping that it is a universal or standard kinda size!
Originally Posted by tomilu
Tommie
Take the dimensions of the back plate. I may have a front one.
Tommie