Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Not for $100,000.00

Not for $100,000.00

Not if the Queen of England herself requested it will I EVER even attempt to make another DWR! I have sewed, ripped apart, re-sewed, re-ripped and used some of the most colorful language I've ever used! This thing is a nightmare i'll never wake up from. It was supposed to be a 5th wedding anniversary gift for my youngest DD, but as you can see by the date embroidered on it( or maybe you can't. It's 12-30-2006) I missed it by a few months! Those of you who make these things in multiples I salute you, those who are considering making one, I have one thing to say, "be afraid, be VERY afraid!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Linda L Rucker

Blog Entries
    I'm with ya girl

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the warning! Yours is beautiful

It is beautiful. Sorry it was so hard for you. If you look up rings that bind, you will find a way that is much easier to do. Mainly because when you get each block finished it is also quilted & by the time you get the whole quilt top put together, it is totally done front & back. It really is a simple way to make this quilt. Kaye woods shows the step by step way of doing it. You should check it out. I have always wanted to do one, but wouldn't commit to it as I knew it would be a nightmare to do the original way. I am now getting ready to tackle it the Kaye Woods way.

Very pretty. I try to stick to easier patterns.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have always thought that Double Wedding Ring is beautiful. I once saw one that was all blue. Gorgeous. But I have also always felt that it is beyond my capabilities. I can understand why you would not want to play with that again. I do love the colors you chose though. I am sure the kids will appreciate even if it is just a wee bit late.
    Anne L. Fulton

Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake.

IQ2
    Maybe you can just quilt in in this size and make it a bed runner instead of a full-size quilt. You could make color-matching shams (without the wedding rings!!). I think that would be a lovely gift as well and your mental health will remain intact. Runners are very popular these days.

Congrats for finishing...your daughter is very luck..well done
    Proud Mother of Sarah Grey
    Grey's Fabric and Notions
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/greysfabric?ref=seller_info

Blog Entries
    I have made 2..one with all the little pieces making up the ring and all one piece ring...guess I was not thinking when I made those two.....enjoyed making them..the solid ring was for a friend of mine...that one was easier but I like the original one better...with all the little pieces...

You are too funny. I've always been leery of trying one. Now I know better. It is beautiful after all your hard work.
    Make A Good Day!
    Janice P. Roy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast