Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: On and off my Innova...By Dmyers

  1. #1
    Super Member dmyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    central, ca
    Posts
    1,193

    On and off my Innova...By Dmyers

    A fellow QB member asked if I was willing to help finish some of her many quilt tops she has folded in her closet. I was more than happy to help her finish her tops and work within her limited budget. I'm just excited that I get to run my Innova and make someone smile when they get their finished quilts. She sent me four quilts and requested traditional quilting, baptist fan and an allover stipple.

    Beautiful quilt tops!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,788
    Nice job both of you

  3. #3
    Power Poster dunster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    10,702
    Nice work, both piecing and quilting. For the Baptist fan - do you have the Circle Lord or some other device to make those?

  4. #4
    Senior Member granmalovesyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    500
    beautiful quilts and quilting
    Destiny is no matter of chance.It is a matter of choice

  5. #5
    Super Member dmyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    central, ca
    Posts
    1,193
    Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

    Dunster, yes I have the CL installed on my Innova. I have the Swirl, Clam Shell, Square Dance, Zig Zag and cross hatching design boards too. Love my CL boards, they're so much fun to use.


    Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    Nice work, both piecing and quilting. For the Baptist fan - do you have the Circle Lord or some other device to make those?

  6. #6
    Super Member LeslieFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Trego, WI
    Posts
    1,870
    Blog Entries
    41
    I am clueless about longarming, but I love your client's piecing and your quilting. Love, love, love the Baptist fans!
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,856
    Oh my word, you've both done beautiful work!
    Maureen

  8. #8
    Power Poster dunster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by dmyers View Post
    Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

    Dunster, yes I have the CL installed on my Innova. I have the Swirl, Clam Shell, Square Dance, Zig Zag and cross hatching design boards too. Love my CL boards, they're so much fun to use.
    Thanks for the explanation. The CL is so expensive, but I don't know of another way to get those wonderful fans. I'm hoping that Pantovision will be my next add-on. Maybe if I start quilting for others I can justify getting the CL. I never realized how many add-ons there are for a longarm! Of course I didn't realize how expensive quilting can be as a hobby until I started. I wonder if any of us would start if we realized...???

  9. #9
    Super Member dmyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    central, ca
    Posts
    1,193
    Hi Dunster,
    I was lucky and found my CL boards used...yes they are a small fortune bought brand new. Maybe you can go that route. Let me know how you like the PV...I tried it out at Roads 2 Ca and it was pretty cool!

    I love long arm quilting and wish I could find more tops to keep me busier. I wasn't planning on doing it for others just myself. But since I love it so much and people ask for my services, I can't resist! I have a full time day job so it's just a hobby for myself.
    Take care!

    Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. The CL is so expensive, but I don't know of another way to get those wonderful fans. I'm hoping that Pantovision will be my next add-on. Maybe if I start quilting for others I can justify getting the CL. I never realized how many add-ons there are for a longarm! Of course I didn't realize how expensive quilting can be as a hobby until I started. I wonder if any of us would start if we realized...???

  10. #10
    Power Poster Mariposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Washington
    Posts
    20,591
    Both of you have done a super job! Thanks for sharing!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.