I started this quilt top using fabrics from my scraps (stash) and was inspired by a post on the board here showing how to do a Carpenter Star using half-square triangles. I thought, "I can do that", so I drug out my Thangles*, my scraps and started making the HST. Then I put them on the design wall, and they looked okay, I sewed them together and liked it enough to make it bigger and came up with the rows of stars on top and bottom. Found some red fabric wanting to be used, so I put borders on it, and discovered the red really wanted to bleed when wet, so I took them off, washed the fabric in Syntropol* and sewed them back on. Whew! I didn't have enough fabric to make a backing, so off to the LQS, bought backing and finished it up, only to discover I couldn't hand quilt, because I couldn't see the tread. Took it to a Long Arm quilter and got it done. My dear aunt saw a picture and requested it for her grand daughter, so right after the quilt show at the end of January, it goes to my aunt for gifting to Monica. I had fun (and frustration) doing it, but I like it and hope she does too.