Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Rhonda...see what I made!!

Izy
    Thank you so much for the template you sent over to me, I finally got a chance to have a play this evening...lost a few points but overall I was fairly pleased with the result for a first attempt at it :D

Scrappy Bookmark
    Name:  Attachment-32497.jpe
Views: 47
Size:  27.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Fantastic!!! The piecing is really on target! Everything is where it should be!
    Your choice of fabrics is good too! It turned out really great!!

I lose points all the time no matter how careful I am. Frustrates me but what can you do? I just do the best I can and I am a perfectionist in my work but I have come to a point that I realize most people aren't going to even notice! I can always point out problems in everything I do!!!!

Being able to talk to you and share pictures when you are in Spain and I am in Iowa just blows the mind!!

I was supposed to get to go to Spain when I was 18 but it never worked out. I have an uncle who lived in Moscow with his family (one son was born there) and he was a foreign correspondent for a Baltimore Maryland Newspaper and he followed Kissinger all over Europe. When they stayed in Spain I was going to go but there was alot of hijacking planes going on and I didn't get to do it!!

Izy
    Oh what a shame you didn't make it, but I guess it was best at the time!!

I forgot to hand baste the pieces and just held them together mostly, as I hate pins, I think they distort little pieces too much :? I didn't plan the fabrics, just grabbed the little squares I had already cut ready for my mini 16 patches that will get done one day, my trouble is I can spend too much time waying up and I end up losing the randomness lol!! I promise the next one will be better, I even forgot to leave the gap on the side so just left the top open, which I slip stitched shut...I am quite often just too much in a rush to finish things.... :wink: Glad you approve, your work is so great :D

Blog Entries

When I make these I just pin down the middle with 3 long pins when I put the top face down onto the back. I don't do much with pins but I discovered when I did classes in my home that some people need the security of pins. I like to tack when I need a pin instead when you make the Boston Blocks

I also think pins let things move too much or get in the way. If I do pin I usually place them farther back from the seam allowance because I hate to pull pins while I sew.

Izy
    I love hearing everyones tips, well off to bed I go, see you all tomorrow :D

Blog Entries
    That's beautiful!!!! :D

Izy
    :D Thanks Karla!

Izy! How awesome is that!!! Tan bonita amiga mia!!!

Blog Entries
    Very Pretty :D :D :D Good Job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Thank you so much for the template you sent over to me, I finally got a chance to have a play this evening...lost a few points but overall I was fairly pleased with the result for a first attempt at it :D
    points? what are points?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast