Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok Here is My Quilting Shop

Banned
    This is the the shop I have in my back yard that I was using for storage and decided to remodel it so I can use it for my quilting habit. Since I collect machines and restore them and I have amassed a lot of memorabilia automotive and sewing and machines so I am adding on a 2 story addition that will be around 2200sqft total. I have the floor tile for the shop but I am waiting till I start the addition and start moving some things around to lay it.

But here are a few photos of what I am working in......
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Very nice. Your treadles are beautiful!

Banned
    Here is a couple more, the wall unit is not fully assembled yet I have a section that sits on top of the one that is there now alongside the ironing board and another section will be on the wall next to it. I built everything in my shop including the wall unit, benches, thread rack, curtains and the wall art that I framed. Also this is only a few of the machines I have earmarked for use in my shop. There are several more to chose from.

Awesome shop. I used to have shop in my back yard years ago and did all kinds of sewing and crafting in it til I moved to town. Now my carport has been enclosed and converted in to a sewing room. Love it too.

Blog Entries
    Wow i love that place and the machines are awesome

I separate building for your studio! how wonderful is that!

Nice room for all your quilty stuff and machines :wink: :D

Banned
    I need to finish the wall unit up, I ran out of clear when I was building them so I need to run to the paint shop and pick up some more. I use automotive clear for finishing furniture and it always comes out looking like you can swim in it. But since I paint a lot of high end show cars and bikes I always have it on hand.

The machines that are in the shelves next to my "Universal" were both basket cases. The Singer 27 was done in a Godzilla finish and I did the Blackside finish on the nickle plated parts. The Singer 24 was locked up and rusted solid but it runs like a champ now. I have a 185J that I am working on now that will be treadled and I am shooting it a cream color with a gold pearl mid coat with the gold Singer decals on the arm.

Billy

Blog Entries
    WOW...those machines are fabulous! You've redone them????? I just love your shop....thats my kinda' place!

What a wonderful room. I love your machines. I am in awe that you have refurbished them. You are multi talented.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast