Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One great fabric/quilt store

My sweet hubby took me to a great quilt store while we were on vacation in NH. He let me wander around for a couple of hours...while patiently waiting to go to the racetrack. :)

I think I walked in a stood there with my mouth open for a full five minutes. :shock: We don't have many fabric stores around here and none near as big as this one.

Here's what I got from Keepsake Quilting:

a baby charm pack, girly flannels and some random fat quarters that they had hanging tantilizingly all over the store
    Name:  Attachment-19684.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  37.9 KB

Hubby requested some coasters out the teddy bear fabric. :)
    Name:  Attachment-19722.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  55.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I'm drooling. I get their catalog. I can't tell you how jealous I am. I think I'll just go check out their website since that's the closest I am getting.

Last but not least, I got some beautiful autumn prints. I didn't have a project in mind when I picked them out. I'd like to make a wall hanging and maybe some placemats if there's enough fabric. If anyone has any patterns or suggestions, I'm open. :)

Oh, one other question: I usually prewash fabric, but do you prewash 5" charm squares???
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm completely jealous! Those are great fabrics! And no, I wouldn't pre-wash a 5'' square...you'll get nothing but strings...

Wow--You got to go to Keepsake Quilting!! I am in awe!! How fun for you. I can understand why you were just standing there with your mouth hanging open!!

Your fabrics are all great--but I am just curious about all the baby fabrics--are you trying to tell us something???

I WOULD wash the squares especially if they are darker colors. Just hand wash them in the sink and lay them out to dry. Better safe than sorry. I was very sorry when I first started quilting , didn't wash some dark green fabric, put it in a wallhanging for daughter and the dark green color bled into the surrounding cream fabric. I was so sick about it!!!

pretty, pretty!

I live in Maine and never have been to Keepsake - lucky you. Great fabrics.

I agree very nice.....I don't prewash..

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia

Your fabrics are all great--but I am just curious about all the baby fabrics--are you trying to tell us something???
    Haha no, I don't have any fun news like that. I'm just trying to build up my stash for gifts and for the future. Hubby picked out several of the boy flannels, so I think I'll keep those for myself. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast