I did not make this quilt top. One of the ladies in my guild bought this top at a garage sale and after passing through a few hands it wound up with me for quilting. I don't know if my friend wants the quilt back or if it will be a donation quilt, but for me it was a practice quilt for my new Innova longarm.
The quilt top wasn't square, the points didn't match, and the on-point setting was very skewed. Most of it was made from sheets, and the backing was pieced every which way from the printed sheet fabric. I squared it off, added the narrow border (so it would have straight of grain on the edges), and then I practiced... I did various shapes of free motion feathers in the flowered fabric blocks, squiggled all around the pieced blocks (mostly to help hold the seams down, because they weren't quite flat), and tried some McTavishing in the rest.
I think this quilt is proof that a quilt doesn't have to be perfect to be pretty. I wish the person who made the top could see that her efforts weren't wasted.