Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: this is one wedding ring i think i just might have to keep!

this is one wedding ring i think i just might have to keep!

i need to add more, and i think ill applique stems leaves and maybe flowers around the outer border. the more i do the more i am in love with this! the colors are fabulous! IF i can make it turn out like i want it to, i think ill have to enter it into a couple of shows this year. any suggestions on the borders? i thought about a wavey edge but i have no idea how to do that or if i could master it and make it look good enough to enter. constructive critisim please! your ideas have always been so great in the past and have helped me out so much~~
    thanks (i got this picture down to 300kb or so i dont know why it came thru so BIG! im sorry!)

003.jpg
    Last edited by terri bb; 02-13-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: aplogy for the huge pic!
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

What lovely colours and I like the idea of stems and leaves around the border - as to a scalloped edge can't help with that but would love to know how!! Make sure you put up a picture of the completed quilt when done judging by your work so far it is going to be stunning

your choice of fabrics so pretty and peaceful.

Your quilt is beautiful and I look forward to seeing it when you are finished.
    When you feel like you are drowning in life, don't worry---
    Your Lifeguard walks on water.

Pat M.

Blog Entries
    you are doing a great job. wedding ring is on my bucket list. i love that you want to applique vines and flowers to the border. and, please, don't apologize for the pic being so big... we can see it much better that way.
    Nancy in western NY

Gorgeous quilt, your fabric choice is wonderful. This surely is a quilt you must keep for yourself.

Love it! Great job!

Just lovely, great job, thank you for sharing, look forward to seeing it when finished
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous! I absolutely love your choice of background fabric.

I googled wedding ring quilts: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...mg.qO0aT_o7U9E

Most of them don't have borders. I really like your idea of borders with applique. It will make it different/unique. Will love to see a picture of the finished quilt.

Smoky Lake, Alberta, Canada - Coolidge, AZ
    Beautiful! I use Eleanor Burns scallop ruler to make scallops or waves on the birders of quilts. Works great. Easy to use.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast