Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern

Pattern

Hi,

Does anyone recognize this pattern? I really love this, and would like to try it, but am not advanced enough to be able to make my own pattern. Thanks.
    Kathy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry I can't help you, but you will be getting answers soon from those who do a lot of quilting. It sure is pretty.

I would draft it for you in EQ, if you tell me what size blocks you want...no charge, just for the fun! PM me
    May the scrap fairy visit your sewing room often

Super Member pastimesquiltdesign's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very pretty design and fabrics. If you look at each component of the pattern it is really a very simple one.
    I'll bet you could graph it out. Peggy
    Happy quilting to all of my new friends on the quilting board http://pastimesquiltdesign.blogspot.com

Main block looks sort of like a modified Ohio star. I bet it's not as hard as you think, go for it! You'll never know unless you try.

Maybe Pam Bono? Have seen the quilt before in one of my magazines/books. Looks easy to make without a pattern. The roses are snowball type squares, the "star" is 9 patch with square in square in the middle, the corners have opposite corner triangles sewn on (can't remember the name of the technique, getting senile) and the middle outside has corner triangles sewn on opposite top edges. Just have to make sure that the triangles for the snowball are equivalent to the 9 patch square so that they are the same size when sewn next to each other, same with the corner triangles sewn within the 9 patch so that the white star points match up to the dark green corners. Hope I explained that correctly! Good luck, and will still look for pattern.

STUNNING! Love this!
    "It's a *fine line* between HOBBY and MENTAL ILLNESS"~ Dave Barry

My first thought was a Pam Bono quilt. I know I have seen that before though and I'm really leaning towards Pam for some reason.

I just checked one of her books that I have and it wasn't in it. I couldn't find the other one I have... sorry :'(
    Last edited by Yarn or Fabric; 02-25-2012 at 01:12 PM.

I had to chuckle when I saw the picture. I just copied that picture for my file sometime in the last day or so but they didn't give a pattern name. It's gorgeous! I'll be watching to see if anyone has an answer.
    Kelly

Blog Entries
    well the green corners one is a snowball block. the other would be easy enough to make up without a pattern but would take some thinking of measurements. EQ help would be great if you want it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast