Pattern

Old 02-26-2012, 06:38 AM

It also look at the big blocks they are snowballs blocks.//with triangles and flying geese but I am sure there is an easier way than the way I am looking at it ,,But overall it beautifully put together!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
Knew I had seen it recently! McCall's Quilting, December 2006, Prairie Star Promise. (pg 10) Designer Jan Douglas Blocks finish 12x12
It's wonderful someone found the pattern and where it is and the pattern is just beautiful, but I didn't start quilt magazines back that far so how can you get the pattern? thanks for any help
Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 AM

Most magazines still offer the older ones. you can usually check on their website for old issues easy to purchase.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 AM

Hi everyone,

thanks to all of you for looking and your comments about this pattern. I don't get the McCall's quilting magazine, however my best friend might have it and she is going thru her collection today to see if she can find it. Now to show you how "green" I am about the quilting terms-----people have mentioned "EQ" and I don't know what that is. Can someone explain that to me? Also another forum member has offered to graph it out for me, and I responded to her and hopefully she is able to do that for me which is great. Everyone is so gracious on this board and very helpful and I appreciate it very much.
Kathy
Old 02-27-2012, 04:40 AM

I don't know the pattern but it is very pretty
Old 02-27-2012, 06:15 AM

Thats great. maybe she could share it with all of us.....
Originally Posted by ksmiley View Post
Hi everyone,

thanks to all of you for looking and your comments about this pattern. I don't get the McCall's quilting magazine, however my best friend might have it and she is going thru her collection today to see if she can find it. Now to show you how "green" I am about the quilting terms-----people have mentioned "EQ" and I don't know what that is. Can someone explain that to me? Also another forum member has offered to graph it out for me, and I responded to her and hopefully she is able to do that for me which is great. Everyone is so gracious on this board and very helpful and I appreciate it very much.
Kathy
Old 02-27-2012, 09:06 AM

That sure is a pretty pattern. Hope you get answers.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:23 PM

Would this work?
For a 12” finished blocks I see:

a 12 ½” floral square with 4 ½” green flip & fold corners. (Some are fussy cut)

(4) “tall” Flying Geese: Red – (4) 5 Ό” x 4 ½” rectangle
Floral – (8) 2 7/8” flip & fold corners

(4) Small corner squares & (1) center square:
Floral – 4 ½”
Green or Red – 2 ½” flip & fold corners

Its just a really attractive and "fresh" pattern! Please let me know if I'm wrong for my math!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:04 PM

Here is a link I found!!!
http://www.countryregister.com/publi...CRF-M10web.pdf

2nd or 3rd page down on the left.
It was for a raffle. I looked everywhere for the back issue of McCalls, but could not find it. I like the look of the border. My DC has decided she wants this one for her son and wife. If anyone does have the magazine I'd be happy to buy it!!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 AM

Hi everyone----
My friend looked in her library, and she does not have the magazine. So then I was able to contact Jan Douglas----and she emailed me back. She said that she modified the original pattern slightly, and she now has it available on her web site, it is now called "Midnight Garden". If you google "Jan Douglas quilt patterns" you should be able to find it. She has several very pretty patterns there for sale. But I am still hoping that I will be able to get a pattern for the original one. Thank you Kitsie, I am going to try that, and am still waiting for one of the other members to email me back----she was going to try and use EQ and graph it for me. If she emails me with the pattern, I will post here, and then anyone who wants the pattern I will be happy to PM them and send it out. Thanks again to everyone.
Kathy