Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Quilt for dad's 90th birthday

Wonderful, Kim!

Blog Entries
    a very nice gift........

What brand of sheets did you use. Your pictures are so bright. Did you print them on your home computer?

Thank you! I used mostly June Tailor Colorfast sheets and a few Printed Treasures sheets. Before making this quilt I tried photo to fabric using EQ Printables and I would have used them but they weren't available when I got started. The EQ Printables would have been nicer because they turned out soft like fabric. The think I didn't like about the June Tailor sheets is that they aren't very soft. I'm not sure I could tell much difference between the June Tailor and Printed Treasures sheets. I printed everything on our home Brother MFC 490 CW printer making sure it was full of ink. I ruined a few sheets but running the printer on "clean" cycle fixed it. I have also used the printable fabric to make fun personalized photo pillows.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjk0326 View Post
    I have made a few Photo quilts but your pictures are so clear and vibrant! I wonder if it is your printer? You said you used several brands of printable fabric sheets and they all look great!
    Happy Stitching! Kim

Awesome job,

Oh my goodness!!! That is absolutely beautiful!! Did you do the quilting yourself? I bet your dad really appreciated all of your hard work and like what others have said, it will be a family heirloom...you are sooooo talented!! We must get together and do some quilting....hope to see you soon......love ya!

Blog Entries
    This is a remarkable memory quilt. I love the deep colors in the photos and the clarity. My photos on fabric usually look so faded and dull. May I ask you to share your method and let us know what printer you have. I am thrilled that someone is able to get this kind of result. Lovely. What a great gift. Aside from living to be 90 and having a great daughter, he has this beautiful memory quilt. Love it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven View Post
    This is a remarkable memory quilt. I love the deep colors in the photos and the clarity. My photos on fabric usually look so faded and dull. May I ask you to share your method and let us know what printer you have. I am thrilled that someone is able to get this kind of result. Lovely. What a great gift. Aside from living to be 90 and having a great daughter, he has this beautiful memory quilt. Love it!
    So sorry, I should have read the rest of the comments before asking these questions. Thank you for sharing. Y

Really great job!
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Wonderful quilt!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast