Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Photos of the completed Bargello are on page 5  Who else is making Swish Bargello from Danmar's pattern? >

Photos of the completed Bargello are on page 5 Who else is making Swish Bargello from Danmar's pattern?

Photos of the completed Bargello are on page 5 Who else is making Swish Bargello from Danmar's pattern?

Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 AM

The movement in that quilt is absolutely amazing. What a wonderful pattern, and a wonderful job. I truly do want to do that in reds and black and white
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 AM

Fantastic!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:00 PM

marvellove posted photos of her Swish 'Texas Cousin' today. If you haven't seen her Bargello please stop by for a look. It is beautiful. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-75941-1.htm
I finished my 'Tidal Wave' a couple weeks ago but do not get good sun on the deck right now to take photos. I bit the bullet after I read marvellove's post and got these photos of my completed Bargello. I named it 'The Tidal Wave'.
The pattern was designed and created by a fellow board member 'Danmar'. If you would like a pattern this is her link: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45289-1.htm
I must caution anyone who starts making Bargello's. They are totally addictive!

The Tidal Wave (Swish Bargello decendent)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124967[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]124968[/ATTACH]

I didn't follow Bargello rules because I used some of the same color fabrics twice.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124969[/ATTACH]

Some of my threads bearded and I know why. It pays to pull that bobbin thread to the top before stitching! You told me!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124974[/ATTACH]

The entire quilt was stitched and quilted on the domestic machine SQ9000. This is a closeup of the back. (Don't you just itch to 'snip that thread!'
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124976[/ATTACH]

I basted stitch in the ditch then put a decorative stitch over it. Took forever! I can't tell if that is coffee spots on the white or a flower. ? It will be fine either way.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124977[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124962.jpe   attachment-124963.jpe   attachment-124964.jpe   attachment-124969.jpe   attachment-124971.jpe  

attachment-124972.jpe  
Old 11-12-2010, 02:49 PM

Oh my goodness, it that a neat looking quilt!! Thank you for the PM so I wouldn't miss it!! I'm going back to look some more....

Oh goodness--I see it's done!! I need to get on here more often!

It's a :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 11-12-2010, 02:51 PM

Way to go Dorothy, very wavy quilt. Thanks for the heads-up about your finished quilt. I didn't know about the rule of bargellos (not to use a fabric twice). I do that all the time in the center of the quilt, then some times come back and us that one for the border.
You gals are going to force me into making one of these, just to see if it drives me crazy. Guess I'm on my way over to order Danmar's pattern. Well, maybe I better finish my bargello worked on when doing my tutorial.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:02 PM

WOW, that is awesome!! Your decorative stitch and big border
are really cool. I love the TIDAL WAVE. Can't wait to see what we come up with next. Wonderful job.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:05 PM

Wow!!!!!!!Abosolutely breathtaking. I bought her pattern when she first issued it on the board and said the same thing, How in the world could I possibly do this. I have done a king bargello before but love the flowing of this pattern. So, now I have encouragement to get mine going. Wow. Great work. I love it.

Great JOb
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124982[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124977.gif  
Old 11-12-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Thank you all so very much. Sorry I haven't been logged in today until now and am just passing through. This quilt takes a lot of concentration and double checking yourself before and after each and every step. After I posted last night I found one, 1, one square out of place. Only one square that I was suppose to remove from that strip and failed to do so... One 1" square. Did I say only "one". I had to remove 3 full rows (top to bottom) (((((one inch strips!!!!!!)))))) to get to this "one" 1" block and take it out. All 3 rows had to come apart from each other because you go up 1/2 square on one row, down on the next row and up on the next row and _you get the picture. So when I removed the bandit square I was up when I should have been down and down instead of up and _you get that picture too.. Well, let me just say it took 6 hours of repair work to get me back to where I was at 3pm yesterday afternoon.. Up at 3 am today, found 3 more bandit blocks in different parts of the quilt. They were easily fixed but dog on it!!!!!
Let me say this quilt is awesome and if you make it try to hide away somewhere so no one asks you what is for dinner, if there is more ice cream or if "everything is going okay". Turn off the phone, pull the drapes and don't answer the door. It takes total concentration. I don't want to scare you because it is totally awesome but a little loss of concentration can go a looooooooooonng way.
Would I do it again? Absolutely! As soon as I make the Cathedral Windows that is next on my list.
Okay, I am better. Let me see if that chicken in the oven will be ready for dinner. You know how they get when there is no smell of dinner in the air.
((((( I still have about 6 hours left to have the quilt top seamed together.. )))))))).
Funny! I was just thinking I would have to turn my cell phone off and lock my doors before I could start such a large project! I would be thinking did I do this or what color was the last one? Then I kept reading and saw you said what I was thinking! Your quilt looks beautiful! I love it!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Wow. that is beautiful! Oh, but the work in it! A lot of dedication to finishing it, too. :thumbup:
Old 11-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Banned

WOW!! Dorothy it is beautiful! Good job!! Now I am more motivated to do one. I have the pattern, but have just been putting it off. You inspire me anew!