Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Memory/t-shirt quilt

Blog Entries
    Hi all, Okay..here is my Jan-May31st project all completed. Years ago, I told my daughter to save her daughters t-shirts from various sports throughout the years and when she was a senior in high school, I would make her a quilt for her graduation.
    In January, I received the package of t-shirts and then I went to work. I noticed that most of the t-shirt quilts I saw seemed to be mostly big blocks and I wanted to do something different. I saw a quilt in a magazine with strips of all sizes all mixed up and so I took that idea and went with it.
    My granddaughter said her favorite color was pink so I went with many different pinks but for some contrast I added some yellows, (for sunshine) blues (for sky) and some purples because she said she liked that color too. She said her favorite flower was the hibiscus so I tried to make two of those (don't laugh) and then I added a beach scene. I tried for the first time to add pictures and they came out well. I also did the label on the back with the same idea and downloaded blank quilt labels from an on-line site. (If I am permitted I can tell you but don't want to do it if it isn't allowed.)
    Then I hand-quilted it because I was afraid LAQ might ruin the pictures. I know very little about LAQ. So here it is - last stitches put in on May 31st. We will deliver it one day before her high school graduation in California. I will post an update of she and I after we give it to her. So know you know my story. :-).

Pink memory quilt finished
    Name:  Attachment-77166.jpe
Views: 162
Size:  88.8 KB

close-up of hibiscus and beach scene
    Name:  Attachment-77167.jpe
Views: 204
Size:  122.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Forgot to say that this more than covers the top of a queen-size bed! Whew!

Blog Entries
    Sweet! Like your layout and colors.

It's beautiful! She will LOVE it! FYI- I've done two and had them quilted with a longarm. They did just fine.

It looks great! I love how you included the Girl Scout sash. I never would have thought of that. I'm sure she'll love it!

What a great idea !!!! She will treasure it forever. Seems like you covered everything that is important to her. Enjoy the graduation and make lots of memories.

What a beautiful quilt. I love how you incorporated her Girl Scout Sash. Those girls work so hard for those badges, it's nice to see them permanently perserved in a quilt. :lol:

Great idea! It's something that's sure to be cherished.

Very nice!

Blog Entries
    I am speechless.. and I am sure she will be also :mrgreen: You did a wonderful job :thumbup: Can't wait to see the pics of her reaction :lol:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast