View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 06:48 PM
SandyinZ4

Hi all, Okay..here is my Jan-May31st project all completed. Years ago, I told my daughter to save her daughters t-shirts from various sports throughout the years and when she was a senior in high school, I would make her a quilt for her graduation.
In January, I received the package of t-shirts and then I went to work. I noticed that most of the t-shirt quilts I saw seemed to be mostly big blocks and I wanted to do something different. I saw a quilt in a magazine with strips of all sizes all mixed up and so I took that idea and went with it.
My granddaughter said her favorite color was pink so I went with many different pinks but for some contrast I added some yellows, (for sunshine) blues (for sky) and some purples because she said she liked that color too. She said her favorite flower was the hibiscus so I tried to make two of those (don't laugh) and then I added a beach scene. I tried for the first time to add pictures and they came out well. I also did the label on the back with the same idea and downloaded blank quilt labels from an on-line site. (If I am permitted I can tell you but don't want to do it if it isn't allowed.)
Then I hand-quilted it because I was afraid LAQ might ruin the pictures. I know very little about LAQ. So here it is - last stitches put in on May 31st. We will deliver it one day before her high school graduation in California. I will post an update of she and I after we give it to her. So know you know my story. :-).

Pink memory quilt finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77171[/ATTACH]

close-up of hibiscus and beach scene
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77172[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77166.jpe   attachment-77167.jpe