Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinwheel No. 2 Mini and "Grab-A-Scrap" WIP

Quote Originally Posted by gingerella
    I love the pinwheel. And as I study it, I can see some terrific ideas for value placement from my scrap heap.

I just love to see other people's work. It is just so inspiring. Another thing I love about it is seeing how many of the fabrics shown I recognize from my stash.

The log cabin looks great with the white frame around it. I like that idea, also the notion that the "requisite" red is not REALLY required and we can still call it a log cabin block.
    Yes, the pinwheel block offers a rewarding look with scraps because of the blades and triangles! Since you like pinwheels so much and love to see others' works, you really need to look at my first Pinwheel quilt I posted. It too has a great scrappy look and I carefully selected fabrics for that mini using lots of vintage fabrics that were my favorites. Here's the link to the first Pinwheel quilt called Pinwheel Chaos:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-41993-1.htm

Yes, the fact that the requisite red is missing, gives it an interesting look. I personally love the "large hearth" of the 2.5" ctr. rather than the typical little red square. The most fun is just using what I have on hand, slicing the end off and adding another piece without being careful the logs are all the same! I just love this quick way of assembling a log cabin style block.

I'm getting ready to do another Pinwheel but this time I won't paper piece it like I did with this one, but I will use the "lay it on top of each other" method to do the half-split half-square triangles. Let me know if you need this method. Will be glad to show you how it's done. It will make piecing a Pinwheel Quilt a piece of cake. And yes, the value placement is so much fun with this block!

Thank you soooo very much, gingerella, and I look forward to seeing your Pinwheel quilts one day! I hope you are inspired after seeing my little minis!

;-) :thumbup: ;-)

Beautiful work.

Quote Originally Posted by lovequiltedstars
    Beautiful work.
    Thank you, lovequiltedstars!!! Welcome to the board from VA!! You will love it here!!! ;)

very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrie
    very nice
    Thank you, Jerrie!

;) :D

Those are nice and colorful!! Very nice!

Great quilts!

I love that pinwheel! I may try that for my next one. I think I have enough leftovers to make a coordinated scrappy pinwheel. Your 2nd one is very interesting to me. I like how you framed each piece in white and then one more go-round. I'm beginning to think scrappies are my favorites. Yours are beautiful!Good job- thanks for posting. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Those are nice and colorful!! Very nice!
    Thank you so much, Gayle!!!

:-D ;)

Quote Originally Posted by annette1952
    Great quilts!
    Thank you, annette!!!

;-) :-D ;) :roll: :lol: ;)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast