Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Post pictures of your sewing machines >

Post pictures of your sewing machines

Post pictures of your sewing machines

Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 AM

Billy, my machine serial number is EL862963 :)
I guess the motor was assembled on the machine once it arrived in Canada.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Banned

They did that because it was being exported and they weren't sure what country it was going to.

Billy
Old 01-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by billsgirl
I have a Pearl Iris Kenmore! That's what I sew on every day! It is my favorite machine. Mine is from the 1950's. Straight stitch only! And a beautiful straight stitch it is!!! Will post picture later.
Bill's Girl
What is the model number of the machine? I have a chart that shows when, where, and who made the machines for Sears. That color was not offered but for a few years in limited quantities. Most of them were the lavender and cream that was just the plain Iris color with no pearl. The dates for the pearls were in the early 60's and was used exclusively by Maruzen, the company that badged the machines for Sears and White. Later on they were known as Maruzen/Jaguar by the mid to late 60's then changed to just Jaguar in the early 70's making Kenmores and all of the White machines.

Billy

Billy
Old 01-18-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by genghis khan
Wow, seeing the pink flamingo reminded me of something i have here. I used to build signs for a living and made myself a couple of singer red s that light up, One is reverse lit and is about 8" tall the other is front lit and 18" tall. Hope you enjoy seeing them and ill get some pics of my machines up next. Chris
Love your signs! I want one :)
Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 PM

Ok, so it's not a sewing machine, but hubby got this weekend ONLY ON THE CONDITION that I get a new sewing machine by the end of the year.

So in a sense, this is my ticket for a new sewing machine.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4147.jpe  
Old 01-18-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by kasmitty1
Ok, so it's not a sewing machine, but hubby got this weekend ONLY ON THE CONDITION that I get a new sewing machine by the end of the year.

Woohoo!!! And make darn sure that you're machine costs at least as much the cycle :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 01-18-2010, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by kasmitty1

I think you should get a brand spankin' new Bernina 830 or a Husqvarna Viking Diamond, or hey--how about one of each? And all the attachments that could possibly come with them--that might just be enough... ;)
Old 01-19-2010, 05:22 AM

Its a Kenmore 148 295. Would love to know the year it was made!
Bill's Girl
Old 01-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by billsgirl
Its a Kenmore 148 295. Would love to know the year it was made!
Bill's Girl
Hi there!

You have a Model 29 and it dates from 1963-1966 and was manufactured by Soryu for Sears.

Now that brings me to this, I need a photo of the machine to put with my records because from everything I have on the Kenmores it was only known that Mauzen/Jaguar was issued the color to use on limited additions.

Soryu had all of the 148.xxx numbers and made machines for Sears from 1957-78. But Mauzen/Jaguar could have gotten a few of the 148.xxx numbers to manufacture. I can look at the machine and tell who made what so if I could get a photo of it that would really help.

When you take the photos could you get some of the bottom, front, back, and the handwheel. Also if you could get the JA and JC numbers off of the bed that would help alot. one will be cast into the beds bottom and the other will be printed or stamped on the bottom edge.

Thats the nice thing about doing research on these Japanese machines, there is always something else popping up and expanding your knowledge. :D

Billy
Old 01-19-2010, 01:56 PM

I guess the pics will have to wait till tomorrow because the battery on my camera died. However, as far as those numbers go J-C2 is cast into the machine and J-A22 is stamped in gold. That's all I can do for now! The shop owner that replaced my thread guide a couple of weeks ago said it was from the 1950's. Maybe he's wrong! I only know that it sews beautifully!
Bill's Girl