Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Post pictures of your sewing machines >

Post pictures of your sewing machines

Post pictures of your sewing machines

Old 01-19-2010, 03:22 PM

I like your flamingo light and all of your plants and of course your machine. It looks so cozy in your sewing room.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 PM

WOW those lights are just too cute.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by billsgirl
I guess the pics will have to wait till tomorrow because the battery on my camera died. However, as far as those numbers go J-C2 is cast into the machine and J-A22 is stamped in gold. That's all I can do for now! The shop owner that replaced my thread guide a couple of weeks ago said it was from the 1950's. Maybe he's wrong! I only know that it sews beautifully!
Bill's Girl
Thank you for the numbers, and my dates for the Kenmores are dead on because they are direct from the Sears archived records.

Although all of the machines are not listed, we have found a few that are not even on the list and they are from the late 40's. So I am thinking they either lost the records or destroyed them one.

Thanks to genghis khan he sent me a link to a site that has some really nice photos of a Kenmore 29 that is the same model number as yours. I will PM you the link and it is from Soryu you can easily tell.

Billy
Old 01-19-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by kasmitty1
Ok, so it's not a sewing machine, but hubby got this weekend ONLY ON THE CONDITION that I get a new sewing machine by the end of the year.

So in a sense, this is my ticket for a new sewing machine.
Tell him to buy a sports car too...then you can get a Gammil rofl.

Margie
Old 01-20-2010, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I guess the pics will have to wait till tomorrow because the battery on my camera died. However, as far as those numbers go J-C2 is cast into the machine and J-A22 is stamped in gold. That's all I can do for now! The shop owner that replaced my thread guide a couple of weeks ago said it was from the 1950's. Maybe he's wrong! I only know that it sews beautifully!
Bill's Girl
Thank you for the numbers, and my dates for the Kenmores are dead on because they are direct from the Sears archived records.

Although all of the machines are not listed, we have found a few that are not even on the list and they are from the late 40's. So I am thinking they either lost the records or destroyed them one.

Thanks to genghis khan he sent me a link to a site that has some really nice photos of a Kenmore 29 that is the same model number as yours. I will PM you the link and it is from Soryu you can easily tell.

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-9022.jpe  
Old 01-20-2010, 05:12 AM

I hope you received all the pics! This was the first time I have sent pics to an email address. I'd rather be at my sewing machine than learning all these fancy ways of communicating! LOL! Oh, and I checked out that link you sent and that is my machine , for sure! I was sad to see all the chipped paint and scratches on theirs though! Must have had a hard life! Does the serial number tell you the exact year it was made? It is 33445.
Bill's Girl
Old 01-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Banned

Does the serial number tell you the exact year it was made? It is 33445.
Bill's Girl
No not really, it only lets me know where in the line it was made but like so many companies out there you have to know what numbers they started with so it is hard to hammer it down to an exact date. Singer on the other hand their will tell you when the machines were allotted and how many were made.

The model numbers on the Kenmores is how I am able to date them and I also have a list of the companies and what years they were badging machines for Sears. The JA and JC numbers help me with locating the manufacturer and the company that cast them but I am still working on deciphering that one. There is a survey/list someone started earlier for the JA and JC numbers but a lot of the information is wrong.

The Japanese machines are just now catching on to be collectibles and the research is in the infancy.

Billy
Old 01-20-2010, 07:18 PM

Ok, it is official...my husband has caught the sewing machine bug!!!
I had to work late tonight, so he had his favorite cheese steak at a little sub place near our home. Next door is a thrift store. He was wandering around it there and he found.....an Italian manufactured machine called a Necchi. Yep! he bought it and when I came home said "Honey! Look what I got for you!" It really is a sturdy little machine and is really clean and runs like a top. We figure it was manufactured sometime in the 50's. I haven't done any sewing with it, but will try it out tomorrow when I am not so tired.
Here is a pic of the newest member of my growing family of machines.

Necchi 520
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64861[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64856.jpe  
Old 01-23-2010, 07:58 AM

Wow, that one is practically new! Look how clean it is!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:13 AM

Yes, really! That is what hubby said. Haven't tried sewing on it yet as I am away this weekend, but plan to put her through her paces when I get home.