Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Amanda's pillowcases! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/amandas-pillowcases-t40684.html)

amandasgramma 03-25-2010 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I mentioned in another thread that my granddaughter is visiting for the week. She's 15 yrs old, has never sewn (mom doesn't even own a sewing machine!) and said at the beginning of the week that she didn't want to do it. She didn't even want to try. Well, yesterday, I got fed up with the tv on, told her to help me. She helped with the first one, I helped her with the 2nd one and she did the rest by herself!!! She even threaded the sewing machine by herself! This is a child they say is "slow", has ADD....uh huh.....she just needed a SEWING MACHINE!! ;) I'm so proud of her I could bust a seam!!! She's coming back this summer to make a quilt! :thumbup:

jazzy519 03-25-2010 12:54 PM

very pretty and she did a great job.

ForestHobbit 03-25-2010 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I mentioned in another thread that my granddaughter is visiting for the week. She's 15 yrs old, has never sewn (mom doesn't even own a sewing machine!) and said at the beginning of the week that she didn't want to do it. She didn't even want to try. Well, yesterday, I got fed up with the tv on, told her to help me. She helped with the first one, I helped her with the 2nd one and she did the rest by herself!!! She even threaded the sewing machine by herself! This is a child they say is "slow", has ADD....uh huh.....she just needed a SEWING MACHINE!! ;) I'm so proud of her I could bust a seam!!! She's coming back this summer to make a quilt! :thumbup:

I have an ADD son who finishes in the 90th percentile. Meaning he is smarter than 90 percent of the population. Learning is a problem when it is hard to stay focused. You have given your granddaughter a priceless gift . . . her selfworth. Your patience and love for her can make the difference for her risking new and scary things. Remember that ole self-fulfllling prophecy? It sure does make a difference when we know someone believes in us and our abilities.
You rock!!!

Jim's Gem 03-25-2010 01:02 PM

She did a wonderful job with those!!! Maybe this summer she will want to make herself a little quilt!!

amma 03-25-2010 01:04 PM

Awesome job Amanda :thumbup: those are beautiful!!!
I can't wait to see your quilt this summer :D:D:D

Sunny Days 03-25-2010 01:37 PM

Awesome job! What a fun summer she is going to have! Looking forward to seeing her quilt. :)

Sharon321 03-25-2010 01:58 PM

Most ADD kids can focus when they have something of interest. She probably was hesitant because she feared failure. She not only made pillowcases, she proved she can do it. Plus ADDpeople are very creative.

I am ADD and so are my sons, so I should know.

Sharon321 03-25-2010 02:02 PM

You know it just came to me. Perhaps this summer she could make pillowcases for the one millon pillowcase drive from American Patchwork and Quilting,

Marjpf 03-25-2010 02:10 PM

Great job - both Amanda and Grandmother! She learned a new skill and you were able to find her talents!

bopeep 03-25-2010 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by ForestHobbit

Originally Posted by amandasgramma

I have an ADD son who finishes in the 90th percentile. Meaning he is smarter than 90 percent of the population. Learning is a problem when it is hard to stay focused. You have given your granddaughter a priceless gift . . . her selfworth. Your patience and love for her can make the difference for her risking new and scary things. Remember that ole self-fulfllling prophecy? It sure does make a difference when we know someone believes in us and our abilities.
You rock!!!

YES !!!!!!
You DO Rock !!!!!!!!
YOU GO GRANNY !!!!!!!
She did a wonderful job !!!!!
They are ALL BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!
bopeep