Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Another Storage Idea from Michael's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/another-storage-idea-michaels-t79886.html)

quilter on the eastern edge 12-01-2010 07:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's an idea for storage for your fabrics and patterns until you are ready to work on them. I use these 12" square containers - scrapbookers think they are for them but we know better...right??. They are stackable and are just the right size to fit on a shelf in your storage area. I find I can keep myself organized - fabric and pattern all together in one container.

sueisallaboutquilts 12-01-2010 07:35 AM

I haven't seen that type but I like it. I like the way it opens.

Granna of 5 12-01-2010 07:37 AM

Like your idea. Will have to check this out.. Thanks.

BMP 12-01-2010 07:40 AM

I am a former scrapebooker and I now use these this exact way ! I also stacked them in order of project to be done.

soccertxi 12-01-2010 07:40 AM

oh I LOVE those..they go on sale pretty often. I usually buy a couple at $4 or $5 a piece. Much better than some of the 'quilting' organizers I have seen...I need to stop buying them as I keep FILLING them..and not FINISHING the projects!

sewjoyce 12-01-2010 07:41 AM

You can also get the 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" storage containers (sometimes even in color -- I have a purple one) that will hold your completed blocks as you work on your quilt without wrinkling them all up!

SuziC 12-01-2010 07:51 AM

I like that...where did you find it?

Quilter Day-by-Day 12-01-2010 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
Here's an idea for storage for your fabrics and patterns until you are ready to work on them. I use these 12" square containers - scrapbookers think they are for them but we know better...right??. They are stackable and are just the right size to fit on a shelf in your storage area. I find I can keep myself organized - fabric and pattern all together in one container.

How much did you pay for them? I just looked at them at Joanns.

Quilter Day-by-Day 12-01-2010 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge

featherweight 12-01-2010 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
You can also get the 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" storage containers (sometimes even in color -- I have a purple one) that will hold your completed blocks as you work on your quilt without wrinkling them all up!

Pizza boxes work real well too. I will admit these look prettier, but the price is right on the pizza boxes.