Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Baby /Childs quilt or wallhanging? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baby-childs-quilt-wallhanging-t202822.html)

vkasal 10-12-2012 11:10 AM

That is SO pretty!!!!!

trolleystation 10-12-2012 03:51 PM

Your quilt is wonderful.

sewmo 10-12-2012 04:58 PM

Why not a wallhanging in a baby's room? It is beautiful and would be more likely to stay that way and be enjoyed for years (good at all ages) rather than being spit up, etc! on and dragged around the floor.

QandE2010 10-12-2012 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 5575164)
It will be fine to start out as a Baby quilt, since Babies grow so fast. Very pretty quilt.

What she said!

QuilterMomOf3 10-12-2012 05:50 PM

I think it would be a good toddler (1-2 years old) quilt...baby quilts get washed too often.

Originally Posted by irishphoenix (Post 5574937)
Hi-I have recently designed this baby quilt from scratch -first time!!..BUT, I also added embroidery from my new Janome to the panels, which i thought was OK. I had a few teething problems along the way , unpicked a quite a few seams, got a headache but redid it lol. Anyway I have not sandwiched it yet as I am undecided about backing, I have some lovely blue and white minky fabric which would look pretty on the back for a child, its so lovelya nd warm, but if I decide its going to be a wallhanging the Minky is a bit of a waste, as I could just back it with white or blue, as it wont bee seen.
I cant decide if this quilt would look too fussy for a childs quilt or not? What do you think? I have put in a few pics below. Would love to know..I know the elephants are a bit crazy- they are going to be appliqued on today..the fabric is Free Spirit Karavan but I fell in love with it :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]368714[/ATTACH]

BertieD 10-13-2012 10:03 AM

To Irishphoenix; Piepatch said it so well. It's a beautiful quilt and a child would definitely love it! Don't waste it on a wall where no one can touch or love on it!:)

irishphoenix 10-14-2012 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by BertieD (Post 5582553)
To Irishphoenix; Piepatch said it so well. It's a beautiful quilt and a child would definitely love it! Don't waste it on a wall where no one can touch or love on it!:)

Hi bertieD and thanks for that..I have been so undecided and you are right..it would be a shame not to see it on some childs bed..I am still waiting for grandkids lol so think I am getting a bit broody. Quilts are meant to be snuggled into anyway..I think it would be nice on a wall but like you say ashame for it enver to be touched.thanks so much to everyone that took the time to reply, it really means a lot! The encouragement and positivity on this site is awesome :thumbup:

Luv Quilts and Cats 10-14-2012 02:47 PM

Lovely quilt! I can see it as a baby's quilt, so the minky would be a nice touch.

HillCountryGal 10-14-2012 02:50 PM

Wow! What a really nice quilt. I too would prefer to use it as a child's quilt. A person can have only so many wall hangings. And this is something that would be used, loved and cherished a long time.

sdeaaz 10-14-2012 03:58 PM

What about washing all that lovely embroidery, over and over and over again... I may consider wall hanging. It is beautiful.