Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Black and White and Red all over (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/black-white-red-all-over-t11854.html)

Marcia 10-03-2008 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished this top and sent it out to be quilted 5 months ago. I just got it back two weeks ago and I finished the binding on it last night. It is king size and I did not have anyone to hold the quilt for me so I threw it on the guest bed. It is for my son and I am going to see him tonight and give it to him-he has already seen it--it is not a surprise.

Considering the amount of time (over 4 months) this long arm quilter had my quilt and the amount of money that she charged me (LOTS) I wish I was happier with the results. I will not be using her again.

PJ's quilt 92" X 104"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18218[/ATTACH]

Marcia 10-03-2008 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Details

detail of the quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18173[/ATTACH]

Quilt4u 10-03-2008 08:29 AM

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love that.

beachlady 10-03-2008 08:30 AM

I love it. The quilt is very dramatic. Am finishing a red/black/gray and white quilt for 14 yr old grandson. Haven't decided how to quilt it yet - may just tie it. Also want to make a black/white/yellow one for myself.

Izy 10-03-2008 08:40 AM

Marcia, your quilt is outstanding, what a shame you are disappointed with the finished result, had you used this longarmer before?? I must admit I think I would be very wary of sending out to be quilted for that very reason, not that we have anybody here in Spain anyway :roll: :D

Rose Marie 10-03-2008 08:40 AM

The use of color is perfect. Beautiful quilt.

reneebobby 10-03-2008 08:41 AM

Looks good to me, he'll be so happy. Sorry the longarmmer took so long and your not pleased but i really didn't see anything but again I'm new at this.

Marcia 10-03-2008 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Marcia, your quilt is outstanding, what a shame you are disappointed with the finished result, had you used this longarmer before?? I must admit I think I would be very wary of sending out to be quilted for that very reason, not that we have anybody here in Spain anyway :roll: :D

Yes, Izy, I have used her before and so have a lot of my friends. Her work used to be impeccable, but lately she has gotten so sloppy. Not sure what her problem is. This is the last quilt she will do for me.

Marcia 10-03-2008 08:47 AM

Thanks, everyone. It was a long time in the making. When I collected fabrics I bought ones that would appeal to my son--music related, cards, dice and cats, just to name a few. I also made sure I did not buy any fabrics that were floral. I told the longarmer that it was for my son and I did not wanted it quilted "frilly". She obviously did not listen to me-she even put feathers in the border.

mgshaw 10-03-2008 08:58 AM

It is gorgeous! PJ will love it even with the feathers!!!