Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black and White and Red all over

I finished this top and sent it out to be quilted 5 months ago. I just got it back two weeks ago and I finished the binding on it last night. It is king size and I did not have anyone to hold the quilt for me so I threw it on the guest bed. It is for my son and I am going to see him tonight and give it to him-he has already seen it--it is not a surprise.

Considering the amount of time (over 4 months) this long arm quilter had my quilt and the amount of money that she charged me (LOTS) I wish I was happier with the results. I will not be using her again.

PJ's quilt 92" X 104"
    Name:  Attachment-18218.jpe
Views: 562
Size:  78.1 KB

Details

detail of the quilting
    Name:  Attachment-18173.jpe
Views: 537
Size:  92.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love that.

I love it. The quilt is very dramatic. Am finishing a red/black/gray and white quilt for 14 yr old grandson. Haven't decided how to quilt it yet - may just tie it. Also want to make a black/white/yellow one for myself.

Izy
    Marcia, your quilt is outstanding, what a shame you are disappointed with the finished result, had you used this longarmer before?? I must admit I think I would be very wary of sending out to be quilted for that very reason, not that we have anybody here in Spain anyway :roll: :D

The use of color is perfect. Beautiful quilt.

Looks good to me, he'll be so happy. Sorry the longarmmer took so long and your not pleased but i really didn't see anything but again I'm new at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Marcia, your quilt is outstanding, what a shame you are disappointed with the finished result, had you used this longarmer before?? I must admit I think I would be very wary of sending out to be quilted for that very reason, not that we have anybody here in Spain anyway :roll: :D
    Yes, Izy, I have used her before and so have a lot of my friends. Her work used to be impeccable, but lately she has gotten so sloppy. Not sure what her problem is. This is the last quilt she will do for me.

Thanks, everyone. It was a long time in the making. When I collected fabrics I bought ones that would appeal to my son--music related, cards, dice and cats, just to name a few. I also made sure I did not buy any fabrics that were floral. I told the longarmer that it was for my son and I did not wanted it quilted "frilly". She obviously did not listen to me-she even put feathers in the border.

It is gorgeous! PJ will love it even with the feathers!!!

Banned
    she obviously wasn't listening very well and only heard the word "frilly"....

or when it came time to actually do the quilting, she could only remember the word, "frilly".....

well, nowadays if I don't like what the 'longarm quilter' did I only have myself to blame... buwhwhwaaaaaaaaa :roll: :wink:

ps... the quilt itself is GORGEOUS....

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Good God!
    I love it!

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    The quilt is very pretty. I love the red & black. So sorry about the quilting. Rest assured what you did is great!!!!!

AWESOME quilt :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I too have had a negative experience from a longarm quilter, I know the feeling :(

bj
    I think it's beautiful. I love red and black together.

AWESOME quilt! Very striking, you did a great job on it!

Beautiful quilt, sorry you don't like the quilting. I have never sent anything out, yet. I'm sure he will love it all the same!!

Marcia....Beautiful quilt...as for the quilting that is the exact reason my Dad is quilting......I took one of my quilts to a quilter....9 months later still not done...can you imagine...and the charge was high if she would have finished it....Plus I had to wait 5 months before I could give it to her to do....so I was on a time line to get my quilt to her.....She did do excellant work but my goodness my money counts too....any way I found another quilter but she done an aweful job....:-( So Dad said I think I can do better than that and he has...plus I get to use the machine as well.....:-)

Very Striking! I love the colors and design.
    :D

Banned
    oh wow Marcia, that is incredible!

Wow! Very striking! What a great gift to your son! And to collect fabric that he can relate to-very clever.

Wow, your quilt is a knockout! Very dramatic! You may not be happy with the quilting, but I'll bet your son won't even know what you're talking about! He's going to love it!

It's wonderful, Marcia! I'm sorry you aren't happy with the quilting though. Four months seems like a very long time. :(

Banned
    that is gorgeous. :D

Quote Originally Posted by gcathie
    Marcia....Beautiful quilt...as for the quilting that is the exact reason my Dad is quilting......I took one of my quilts to a quilter....9 months later still not done...can you imagine...and the charge was high if she would have finished it....Plus I had to wait 5 months before I could give it to her to do....so I was on a time line to get my quilt to her.....She did do excellant work but my goodness my money counts too....any way I found another quilter but she done an aweful job....:-( So Dad said I think I can do better than that and he has...plus I get to use the machine as well.....:-)
    Cathie-You are so fortunate to have your father there to quilt for you-I have tried to find someone local, with no success yet. I will keep on trying though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast