Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Blogging and Hexies!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/blogging-hexies-t185186.html)

babyfireo4 04-05-2012 06:56 PM

Blogging and Hexies!!!

1 Attachment(s)
So I've been working on some hexies for a mosaic type lap quilt or a GFG if that looks better. Here's what I have so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325586[/ATTACH]

I have 13 more fabrics to make into hexies (so that makes 208 left to baste) When everything is said and done there should be 984 basted and ready to make into a pattern. All the fabrics are batik and from charm packs I got awhile back on connecting threads.

I just recently decided to start a blog on google+. Now saying that, I didn't actually expect anyone to read it because, lets face it, how often does one really come across some obscure person and think hey I should read that!!! I figured it would be a good way, on top of here ;), to keep myself accountable and continue making good progress on projects! It's titled " Everyday Quilter" mostly because I haven't seen that title before and I like how it looks in the font I picked out . So I wondered how many of you blog? Do you keep it to just quilting or add your personal stuff to it to? I understand people that do this for a living and using it to network and show customers the things they have or can do. How many of us hobby quilters do it though? What do you think?

Peggy Jeanne 04-05-2012 07:21 PM

I do not blog, but love the quilt board. Get lots of ideas and love to see what people are working on. I am doing a GFG out of 1800's fabric, still have a very long way to go, but love working on it! Yours are going to be beautiful!

EvelynJ 04-05-2012 07:41 PM

Not a blogger myself, nor do I read any regularly either. But I love your hexagons and the colors are so dramatic it should be fun to watch you progress through the quilt. The few blogs I have read seem to discuss the projects the person is working on, as well as, any future projects they are thinking of; plus some family stuff, especially if they have small ones. Kind of like having a conversation over the phone with someone far away, is how I have seen these blogs written.

mighty 04-05-2012 07:53 PM

Love the QB, and your hexagons are great!

vickimc 04-05-2012 09:05 PM

Great start on blogging. That is how I started. Said would blog once a week,doesn't always happen. Keep it up,you will be surprises who finds you.

Becca Bear 04-05-2012 09:20 PM

Very nice. Looks like a lot of work!!!

QM 04-05-2012 09:50 PM

Looks really good so far.

rootyr 04-06-2012 02:02 AM

Love the colors!! I will try to stop by your blog!!

catladyquilts 04-06-2012 04:15 AM

I love your bright fabrics - can't wait to see the finished top

ontheriver 04-06-2012 05:26 AM

Love all the colors you are using, it's going to be a fantastic quilt. Keep us updated. I don't blog but I did follow a link yesterday that lead to a couple of pics of hexagon quilts. There was one where the hexagons were arranged to look like butterflies. Bookmarked it to see if I could made it.