Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A braided table runner--boy this was weird to make! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/braided-table-runner-boy-weird-make-t6179.html)

barnbum 04-14-2008 03:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had to laugh at the directions. It said something about pouring some tea and being done with this before it cooled. :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:

It was fun--and easy ONCE I understood the directions. One puzzling area was that it said to cut 4 2" strips from what was left of a fat quarter, but there was only enough fabric to cut 3--but they weren't needed anyway. (It said to cut a 21" by 9.5" piece off and then there's NOT 8" left. Right?)

I've never used fat quarters before--but I had a few on hand from sales. I picked a few I thought matched okay--hey--they all have green in them! :D

I love to put bindings on--but how to I do this one at the sides? Do I treat them like a corner?

And she adds yet another piece to her pile that needs quilting. Oh yuck. Jackie? Are you there? Can I send all these to you? :wink:

I added a close up so you can see the colors.

sandpat 04-14-2008 03:24 PM

Oh, I like it and think the fabrics go together just fine. You should be able to bind that...just like a corner with a miter..right?? I have faith in you that you could quilt it too :lol: :lol:

Good job and hey...the colors go just great in my kitchen...need my addy?

krabadan 04-14-2008 03:25 PM

I think it looks great!

Country Quilter 04-14-2008 03:55 PM

I've made alot of these.... I just do the bindings as you do when you come to the corners of a quilt....

Yours is beautiful by the way! I've given most of mine away, kept one for myself!

barnbum 04-14-2008 04:17 PM

Patsy--how did you quilt yours?

mgrhs 04-14-2008 04:45 PM

I printed out the directions for this one also, I'm glad to here I'm not the only one that wasn't sure of the cutting directions.

I really like yours, I hope to get mine done sometime this week.

Mona

Country Quilter 04-14-2008 04:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just quilted in the ditch.....here are some pics of some I did

Country Quilter 04-14-2008 04:48 PM

On the last two with the hearts I machine appliqued those on and then quilted around them as well.... being your center is blank you could put any quilting design in it...and it will look great!

barnbum 04-14-2008 04:56 PM

Patsy--those are cool!! I never would have thought to make a quilt square for the middle! You're so creative!! That looks easy enough to quilt. (although NOTHING is easy to quilt for me :roll: :? )

When you sewed the binding around that side part that's not quite 90 degrees, you took it out, arranged the binding, and started again--just like a corner?

I was so scared to trim the sides--I read the directions over and over. It's one that is a lot easier the 2nd time. :-)

Harmony 04-14-2008 04:57 PM

Love your runner! How have you gotten through life without fat quarters????